Autism Friends Network

Full Version: Time to get a puppy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We finally have consensus and we have decided to get a border collie puppy.

The kids say they will pick up its poop and take it for walks and brush it.

They are already arguing about its name. My son wants to name it after a WW2 ship or aircraft, Typhoon and Bismark have made the short list. My daughter wants to call it Nova.

Cost of a Border Collie is much less than the other dogs we were looking at. Which is a win for me.

And they are arguing about who it will sleep with. My wife wants it to sleep downstairs but the kids are worried that it will get lonely.

I hope that this thread will become a puppy blog.
My husband had a border collie. They are very smart dogs (working dogs). His was so entertaining. She would take cans and put them in the trash, any paper money left around was given to grandpa. She hated my flute playing and would leave the room. If grandpa hit a wrong note on the piano she would wack him with her paw.
My brother had a kelpie cross who was super smart. Way smarter than dogs are supposed to be.
I would love to have a dog except for two reason why not

1. My husband says we can’t afford it. The cost of a dog, food and vet care is the main issue.

2. I would have sole responsibility to walk the dog and care for it. My hudband doesn’t like to pick up poo. We live in a highrise which allows dogs but I would have to make several trips up and down the elevators for the dog to go out. One of our friends have teo dogs but he always rents a townhouse so he can let the dogs go out to a small yard.
Where is the puppy?
No puppy yet.

This weekend just finished we were going to buy one but it was going to be a few hours drive to get a Border Collie at a sensible price.

And it rained so much that there was flash flooding around the city. And I wasn't driving anywhere in that.

So a puppy is still on the way.
Any news on the puppy?
Currently I'm out of action with a torn and detached retina, eye surgery, all that fun stuff. And my wife is overseas. So no puppy yet.
Reference URL's