Autism Friends Network

Full Version: Employer expects too much
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My employer expects to much. It is to the point of exploitation. She expects me to work over contracted hours without notice. I am supposed to work 5 but she will ask me to stay and work over 4 or 5 more hours. She does not give any breaks or even meal break. I can’t plan ahead to bring extra food because she does not ask me before. She goes upstairs and eats but does not often give me any food. I told her I would prefer that she plans ahead and asks me. I am tired because I can’t cook for my family and never know when I am getting home. I talked to her about why I don’t want to always work late whenever she feels like it. She says she likes to be impulsive and too bad about my problems at home.

I told her at the interview that I don’t shovel snow yet all winter they asked me to shovel. I needed to park my car so I did it but they would not hire anybody to shovel. Also they are being too cheap to get their windows cleaned and I am not going to do it except for just the patio doors because the dog jumps up on them.

I don’t know if I tell her that I will only work two days extra time but planned ahead. If she fires me, then fine. Also they will not buy cleaners that are nontoxic and don’t make me sick.

I thought maybe that she was trying to get me to leave except she is always telling me that I am helping her so much.
Reference URL's