Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rate the Last Movie U Watched
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

RE: Rate the Last Movie U Watched
Alice in Wonderland - the original Disney animation from 1951.

One of the greatest movies ever. Disney meets Dali. The Mad Hatter's Tea Party is one of the most hilarious scenes ever.

Hard to believe people rate 'Snow White', 'Bambi' and 'The Jungle Book' higher than this (although the Jungle Book has the advantage of having ones written by distant relatives of mine!).

btw, why's it still called the Jungle Book when it's made into a film?

I'll be taking the book of 'Alice' up to my parents' place to re-read over Christmas.

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2013 08:25 PM by Luke Mauser.)
12-23-2013 08:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Some_Bloke
Unregistered

Anchorman 2- 8/10

I think just as good as the first one, although the over the top fight scene is better than the one from/ the first movie and even more over the top. I won't spoil anything but it included Liam Neeson, the BBC, Will Smith and a Minotaur
12-24-2013 01:26 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Alison Offline
Respected senior member

The Hunger Games. I didn't bother watching it when it was released in the cinema, thinking it wasn't the sort of thing I'd be interested in. However, when I was in hospital, for some reason I decided to read the book. And I loved it. So I persuaded my daughter to read it too, and yesterday we got the movie out and watched it.

It was as well done as the book, and kept to the story in most places. In the few places it deviated, it did so very well and didn't distort the overall story line. I enjoyed the movie very much, to the extent that I intend to go and watch the sequel which is currently in the cinemas here. Probably next week some time. It's summer school holidays at the moment, but the real little children won't be going to this, it's more for young adults and adults. So long as we can find parking during this hectic period (and a lot of Canberrans are heading up to the coast after Christmas to spend family time at the beach) I should be able to enjoy the sequel.

Sign on a farm gate: "For sale - Weak old chickens going cheep".
12-24-2013 10:31 AM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

A Christmas Carol - Disney again, this time only a couple of years ago.

Reasonable animation, using Dickens's dialogue.

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
12-24-2013 10:33 AM
LanguageWolf Offline
Should we believe that you love peace?

Battle Los Angeles

For taking its name from a Rage Against the Machine Album, not much of a movie. Sparse characterization, lame interactions, all the money clearly went into the explosion budget. Take out the aliens and it's still the same movie.

"I am going to make trolling great again!"
"Well, I think trolling is already great!"
"TROLLING WAS NEVER GREAT OMFG"
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2013 12:44 PM by LanguageWolf.)
12-24-2013 12:44 PM
skyblue1 Offline
Administrator

Titanic

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
12-26-2013 08:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Betty Offline
elder

I took my mum to see a Christmas Candle. It was OK I suppose.
12-26-2013 09:07 AM
Captain Jigglypuff Offline
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

Last one I saw was about half of the classic It's A Wonderful Life. I love that movie and Jimmy Stewart's hometown is about 20 minutes away from where I live. Such a classic. Disappointed I fell asleep half way through it though. It was around the part when the money went missing and George was depressed.

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
12-26-2013 09:59 AM
skyblue1 Offline
Administrator

I Am Legend 9/10

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
12-26-2013 10:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alison Offline
Respected senior member

"Jaws" was being re-run for the umpteenth time on one of the more obscure of our tv networks last night. I watched a bit of it, and the shark STILL looks fake! But it was interesting, in that I remember when it first came out on the big screen and how a generation of people refused to go into any water deeper than a paddle pool that year!

Sign on a farm gate: "For sale - Weak old chickens going cheep".
12-26-2013 11:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)