Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rate the Last Movie U Watched
skyblue1 Offline
Administrator

RE: Rate the Last Movie U Watched
Free state of Jones 8/10

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
04-24-2017 07:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skyblue1 Offline
Administrator

Magnificent Seven 6/10

04-28-2017 07:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

Rush Hour 8.2/10

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
04-28-2017 10:57 AM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

(04-28-2017 07:41 AM)skyblue1 Wrote:  Magnificent Seven 6/10

I was just about to type a long post about why "The Magnificent Seven" is such an iconic movie and how surprised I was that you only gave it 6.....

Then I went to see what year it was made and I saw that there was a remake in 2016 which I never heard of..... probably for good reason.

"The Three Amigos" was also pretty much a remake of The Magnificent Seven. Yul Brynner's role in "Westworld" was also pretty much a robot form of the character he played in the original Magnificent Seven.
04-28-2017 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

As a lot of people are aware, Magnificent Seven is a remake of Seven Samurai, which is itself a fantastic movie. Be ready for black-and-white and subtitles, though.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
04-28-2017 02:48 PM
skyblue1 Offline
Administrator

It wasn't anywhere near as good as the original.

04-29-2017 06:25 AM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

The Ipcress File

60s espionage drama with a young Michael Caine.

Dated but watchable

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
04-30-2017 06:46 PM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

Legend

Inappropriately comic biopic of the Kray Twins, a pair of London gangsters in the 1960s.

Flawed further by being narrated in the main by a character who dies two-thirds of the way through. Weak and juvenile framing.

Some entertaining scenes, but not one to watch twice.

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
06-04-2017 07:11 PM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

The House on Haunted Hill

Creaky 1950s horror with a duff script and hammy acting.

06-06-2017 04:51 AM
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

Might as well get caught up. I haven't posted much lately, and I've been seeing a lot of movies; so here goes:

Bridge on The River Kwai
9.8/10
Great old movie staring Alec Guiness who played Obi-Wan Kenobi later in Star Wars. Brilliant script and great acting performances.

Prometheus
7.2/10
Mediocre prequel to the Alien movies. Silly and unbelievable script. Action sequences are average at best.

Alien: Covenant
8.9/10
Good sequel to Prometheus. Good Action sequences and answers a few questions from the movies. Michael Fassbender is good.

Baywatch
8.6/10
Good movie if you realize what it is. This movie realizes what it is and doesn't try to be a masterpiece. It's funny, and if you're willing to turn your brain off for a few hours, it will be a fun ride.

Wonder Woman
9.8/10
Great movie with brilliant action sequences. It delves much deeper than the average action movie, covering topics like mankind's propensity to go to war and feminism. Don't miss it!

Kong: Skull Island
7.5/10
Mediocre monster movie. It has a real B-movie feel to it. It tries to delve into the issue of war and America's policing of the world, but that's not really done well here, and it feels out of place considering how B-movieish it feels.

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
7.1/10
Mediocre comedy. Mostly for kids. It's kind of tolerable for adults, but there are only a few funny scenes. Not great.

The Zookeeper's Wife
8.8/10
Good movie staring Jessica Chastain. Based on the true story of how a zoo in Poland was destroyed by the Russians and the Germans during WWII. The family that owned the zoo turned it into a refuge for Jews and other "Undesirables". Overall very good. Some reviewers gave it bad reviews, and I think that's because they were comparing it to Schindler's List, which isn't fair. This is a good movie in its own right. Go see it.

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
06-07-2017 07:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)