Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favourite and least favourite actors
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

Favourite and least favourite actors
I use the term actors in the modern Australian sense, where it covers both genders.

My top 5 actors have to be John Travolta, Christopher Walken, Robert De Niro, Michael Caine and Sean Connery. It is difficult to separate any of those out. I'm not saying they are the finest actors, just the ones I always really enjoy watching.

My least favourite actors include Nicholas Cage, Al Pacino, Sly Stallone and Tom Cruise.

Nicholas Cage - obvious. Al Pacino just seems to me like he either overacts - badly - or he doesn't bother to act at all. Sly - he was good in Rocky, and it was all downhill after that. Tom Cruise just seems sneaky or shifty to me in every role he plays.
05-13-2014 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Captain Jigglypuff Offline
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

RE: Favourite and least favourite actors
My favorites are John Travolta, Heath Ledger, Joquin Phoenix, Matthew McCongehey (don't know how to spell his name), Tom Hanks, Jennifer Aniston, Jane Lynch, Jennifer Hudson, Christopher Lloyd, and Whoopi Goldberg.

Ones I loathe: James Franco (arrogant jerk), Courtney Cox (overrated and not very good to begin with), Gwynth Paltrow (needs to suffer for naming her daughter "Apple"), the annoying current Prilosec spokesman WHO shall remain unnamed, and the Queen of Evil herself, Natalie Portman.

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
05-14-2014 12:29 AM
Alison Offline
Respected senior member

Hugh Jackman, I love him, particularly when he gets his shirt off! (Yummy!) Also, I find Christopher Lilley's work to be incredible - his social mimicry really leads me to think he may be autistic, particularly when you examine the sharp cut-off between how his characters act and how he is in real life (big wide loud bogan characters versus quiet, shy and retiring irl.) Jennifer Lawrence is an amazing actor, she nails every character I've seen her act, and I've started watching Elizabeth Banks with a good deal of interest as well.

I don't know that there's any actors I particularly loathe: if I don't like their performance I just don't watch, so I don't really get so invested in it.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014 07:39 AM by Alison.)
05-14-2014 07:38 AM
Some_Bloke
Unregistered

I won't list my favorite actors as really I can't decide on a small few. I've seen in amazing performances in films, TV and even as voice actors in videogames.

Sadly, for actors I hate there is also a long list. But I will say this: I detest Adam Sandler. I don't think I need to say why. I had at least some hope left in the career he was not only flushing down the toilet, but clogging it up with his awfulness.

Anyway, the brink of the toilet overflowing with his crap (for me) was this movie:

[Image: jack-and-jill.jpg]

Christ, even looking at the poster gives me shivers and Vietnam-styled flashbacks to just how terrible this movie was. Sure, I've seen worse movies...I've seen movies that make Jack and Jill look like 12 Years A Slave, Saving Private Ryan and even The Godfather.

There is a film that terrible. I will not reveal its title to you for I do not want you to suffer the same fate that I have. If Jack and Jill gives me Vietnam-styled flashbacks every time I see the poster...You can imagine what seeing the poster for these other films does to me.

But the fact of the matter is that Jack and Jill was the final nail in the coffin (or the final crap in the toilet) that has made me lose all hope in Adam Sandler.

I will never watch an Adam Sandler movie again. Every copy of an upcoming Adam Sandler movie I will personally destroy...And I urge all of you reading this warning to do the same.
05-14-2014 09:08 AM
Quote this message in a reply
LanguageWolf Offline
Should we believe that you love peace?

(05-14-2014 09:08 AM)Some_Bloke Wrote:  I won't list my favorite actors as really I can't decide on a small few. I've seen in amazing performances in films, TV and even as voice actors in videogames.

Sadly, for actors I hate there is also a long list. But I will say this: I detest Adam Sandler. I don't think I need to say why. I had at least some hope left in the career he was not only flushing down the toilet, but clogging it up with his awfulness.

Anyway, the brink of the toilet overflowing with his crap (for me) was this movie:

Christ, even looking at the poster gives me shivers and Vietnam-styled flashbacks to just how terrible this movie was. Sure, I've seen worse movies...I've seen movies that make Jack and Jill look like 12 Years A Slave, Saving Private Ryan and even The Godfather.

There is a film that terrible. I will not reveal its title to you for I do not want you to suffer the same fate that I have. If Jack and Jill gives me Vietnam-styled flashbacks every time I see the poster...You can imagine what seeing the poster for these other films does to me.

But the fact of the matter is that Jack and Jill was the final nail in the coffin (or the final crap in the toilet) that has made me lose all hope in Adam Sandler.

I will never watch an Adam Sandler movie again. Every copy of an upcoming Adam Sandler movie I will personally destroy...And I urge all of you reading this warning to do the same.

Wait...is he playing his sister?

"I am going to make trolling great again!"
"Well, I think trolling is already great!"
"TROLLING WAS NEVER GREAT OMFG"
05-14-2014 09:10 AM
Some_Bloke
Unregistered

Hey I just noticed, the release date for that movie was 11/11/11. Some people predicted that the world would end on that day. Maybe it did...Almost.

Maybe when Satan's army (or whatever the Hell was meant to end the world this time) invaded our plain of existence, he was stopped. An epic battle began that threatened to tear the planet apart. When the evil was finally defeated, in his/her/its last move he/she/they transferred what remained of their powers into one final blow to mankind...

That blow...Was this godawful "movie".
05-14-2014 09:12 AM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

(05-14-2014 09:10 AM)LanguageWolf Wrote:  
(05-14-2014 09:08 AM)Some_Bloke Wrote:  I won't list my favorite actors as really I can't decide on a small few. I've seen in amazing performances in films, TV and even as voice actors in videogames.

Wait...is he playing his sister?

Yes. He tried to emulate Eddie Murphy in The Nutty Professor movies.

I never saw it, but it was universally panned.
05-14-2014 09:18 AM
Some_Bloke
Unregistered

(05-14-2014 09:10 AM)LanguageWolf Wrote:  Wait...is he playing his sister?

He should have checked himself before he Shrecked himself.
05-14-2014 09:21 AM
LanguageWolf Offline
Should we believe that you love peace?

I liked Anger Management

"I am going to make trolling great again!"
"Well, I think trolling is already great!"
"TROLLING WAS NEVER GREAT OMFG"
05-14-2014 09:31 AM
Some_Bloke