Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Random thoughts
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

RE: Random thoughts
(06-22-2017 11:21 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  
(06-22-2017 06:37 AM)Ana54 Wrote:  It's that all the terrorists go to London because it welcomes all the Muslim refugees, so ISIS operatives pretend to be refugees and London is easy to get into. Then once there they kill everyone, including their own people.

I thought the last terrorist attack in London was against Muslims, though.

It was...

[Image: paprikablueskies_zps4f07cefb.jpg]
06-22-2017 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

(06-22-2017 11:52 AM)Genesis Wrote:  
(06-22-2017 11:21 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  
(06-22-2017 06:37 AM)Ana54 Wrote:  It's that all the terrorists go to London because it welcomes all the Muslim refugees, so ISIS operatives pretend to be refugees and London is easy to get into. Then once there they kill everyone, including their own people.

I thought the last terrorist attack in London was against Muslims, though.

It was...

Which leads me to wonder how Ana's theory factors into it.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
06-22-2017 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline

They basically instill fear into everybody, no matter if they're Muslim or Non-Muslim.

06-23-2017 08:50 AM
Genesis Offline

Some of it is tribal disputes, other times it's just those who are the fundamentalists over the ones who are the moderates.

06-23-2017 08:51 AM
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

If someone attacked a mosque because they were afraid of Muslims, we shouldn't blame Muslim immigration for that. That's just some racist jerk who can't tell the difference between terrorists and people just trying to get on with their lives. (Here's a hint: the terrorist is the one trying to run down innocent people with a motor vehicle.)

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
06-23-2017 09:55 AM
Genesis Offline

(06-23-2017 09:55 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  If someone attacked a mosque because they were afraid of Muslims, we shouldn't blame Muslim immigration for that. That's just some racist jerk who can't tell the difference between terrorists and people just trying to get on with their lives. (Here's a hint: the terrorist is the one trying to run down innocent people with a motor vehicle.)

Or maybe they were what those across the pond call "A tory with xenophobic tendencies".

06-23-2017 10:03 AM
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

When I was a kid, I used to draw angry faces on the erasers at school. LOL

"Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Yesterday 12:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Odderator

Many terrorist attacks in recent years in England have involved people who were born and raised in England. The four 7/7/2005 bombers all grew up in England.

We need to put an end to the marginalisation of a lot of young Muslims. To the deliberate scare campaigns and fear mongering. It happens in Australia as well. My wife (who is Christian) has a friend from Iran who had to change her name to something that sounded Christian because she couldn't get a job. As soon as she did that she had no problems getting a job. My friend at work, who is a Pakistani Muslim, was advised to change his name so that it sounded like an Indian/Hindu name so that he could get a job.

I live adjoining an area with the highest Muslim population in Australia. I know the world aint all sunshine and rainbows. There are issues around differences between cultures. Politicians, often those politicians most responsible for high rates of immigration, will try to stir up the divisions within the community and paint themselves as protectors from the scary foreigners. The media loves to effectively run scare campaigns against Muslims one week and then do an "expose" about the high rates of welfare dependency among Muslims the next week. Duh, guess who makes it near impossible for young (and not so young) Muslims to get jobs?

If we want to stop young Muslims signing up for ISIS, sending money to ISIS, hating the community in which they live and wanting to carry out terrorist attacks against it, maybe we should focus on things like creating real opportunities for young people, especially young Muslims, to get decent jobs and earn money and feel like they have a happy and productive life ahead of them within a community that accepts them and their culture and their beliefs. And good secular education systems. Because at the moment I know that a lot of young Muslims don't feel like they have a worthwhile future ahead of them. And that a lot of young Muslims have far too much time on their hands and feel like they will never get a job. And you don't need to be a rocket surgeon to know how that is likely to turn out for some.
Yesterday 01:10 PM
Genesis Offline

It took 16 months to find a job, and so far I'm doing the best I can with what I got to work with.... especially if it means doing stuff like cleaning bathrooms, and tidying up a place that has a mixed reputation. Undecided

Yesterday 01:59 PM
Ana54 Online
International Incident Initiator

I agree, 142857. The same goes for people who are bullied at school who become a danger to their classmates, and other bullies too... their bullies, who are a danger to THEM. And others who pick on others. Anyone who discriminates or is discriminated against. Anyone who is failing in school because they aren't interested enough. They all need and deserve to be helped.

Random thought: My friend's daughter just signed a lease with her boyfriend, then the boyfriend demolished the apartment in a fit of anger about something small and she had to move out, but she's stuck being responsible for half or even all of the rent now, as he refuses to move out.

I'm sentimental if you know what I mean.
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
Today 01:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)