Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favourite and least favourite actors
LanguageWolf Offline
Should we believe that you love peace?

RE: Favourite and least favourite actors
(05-21-2014 10:07 PM)Some_Bloke Wrote:  
(05-21-2014 09:20 PM)Luke Mauser Wrote:  Most of the cast of Friends are dreadful actors.

I never liked Friends, this was one of the reasons.

As opposed to the aggressively moronic and shallow characters?

"I am going to make trolling great again!"
"Well, I think trolling is already great!"
"TROLLING WAS NEVER GREAT OMFG"
05-22-2014 02:54 AM
Send this user an email Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Captain Jigglypuff Offline
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

^Jennifer Aniston was the only talented person on that show. I thought she was great in Along Came Polly and in Office Space.

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
05-22-2014 03:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LanguageWolf Offline
Should we believe that you love peace?

Office Space was actually a decent movie.

"I am going to make trolling great again!"
"Well, I think trolling is already great!"
"TROLLING WAS NEVER GREAT OMFG"
05-22-2014 03:27 AM
Send this user an email Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Captain Jigglypuff Offline
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

"My stapler. My stapler. This is MY stapler!"

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
05-22-2014 04:15 AM
grannyniblo Offline
kitty candy

(05-21-2014 09:20 PM)Luke Mauser Wrote:  Most of the cast of Friends are dreadful actors.

totally disagree with both of you. i really like matthew perry in particular... as much as he is somewhat typecast in most things i've seen him in, i found chandler so very relatable, and i was kind of sad some of the stuff he did since never took off (mr. sunshine, go on) because his personality brought so much and both shows had so much heart. i think he's got something very unique.
05-23-2014 08:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

Favorites:
Emma Watson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jennifer Lawrence, Ziyi Zhang, Guillaume Canet

Least:
The only least favorites I can think of would be Adam Sandler, and that one guy....

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
05-23-2014 09:34 AM
Send this user an email Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

(05-23-2014 08:59 AM)grannyniblo Wrote:  

totally disagree with both of you. i really like matthew perry in particular... as much as he is somewhat typecast in most things i've seen him in, i found chandler so very relatable, and i was kind of sad some of the stuff he did since never took off (mr. sunshine, go on) because his personality brought so much and both shows had so much heart. i think he's got something very unique.

Matthew Perry is the only decent actor in the show. The others are OK when they're actually IN the show - but they can't do anything else. They're either playing themselves, or they can do one character. Matt le Blanc is particularly dreadful; I believe the phrase is 'he runs the gamut of emotions from A to B'.

btw, I wrote a song for a Jennifer Aniston film!

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
05-23-2014 05:39 PM
grannyniblo Offline
kitty candy

meh, i like them all. it's hard to comment on them outside of the show as i've not seen half of them in much else but i think they all brought something to friends itself, that cast was so legendary for a reason.

aside from matthew perry i also really like zach braff, mostly because i imagined him being a one trick pony off the back of scrubs (which i love btw) and then seeing garden state, which he wrote and directed as well as starring in, i was just so blown away. still my favourite movie.

it's hard for me to think of actors i don't like based on performance, but if he counts, i find russell brand so irritating in general that i can't watch him in anything. he could be great but i'll never know.
05-24-2014 07:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

Julia Stiles strikes me as being a good actress.

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
05-26-2014 06:42 PM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

I dislike overacting, but Christopher Walken takes understatement too far.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 08:34 PM by Luke Mauser.)
05-30-2014 08:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)