Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you watching
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

RE: What are you watching

Needing something a little less intense than Stranger Things before I go on to the next episode.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
12-18-2017 07:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

I've been watching a TV two-parter called Lucan - I remember seeing this advertised a few years ago and then to being around to watch it. I just found it online by chance the other day.

It's based on the following true story (I'm not sure how well known this is outside the UK)

In 1074, the estranged wife of British Peer Lord Lucan was attacked at her home. She managed to fight off the attacker and run to a nearby pub to get help. When the Police arrived at the house, the attacker was gone, but the nanny was found battered to death in the basement. Lady Lucan identified her husband as her attacker, and said that he had told her he killed the nanny.
Lord Lucan turned up at a friend's house later that night, and left the next morning. His whereabouts since then are unknown. He was officially pronounced dead (in the absence of a body) some years ago and his estate and title passed to his son.

This drama focusses on the facts leading up to the attack, and various theories as to what may have happened since.

https://www.itv.com/hub/lucan/2a2427

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018 07:03 PM by Luke Mauser.)
01-07-2018 07:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

I've just finished watching the BBC's new version of Little Women.

This brings the number of men who have watched it to a grand total of one.

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
01-10-2018 09:46 PM
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

Night Owl Redux
01-11-2018 08:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

The BBC dramatisation of The Miniaturist.

Excellent.

01-11-2018 09:41 PM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

The Rebirth of the King

BBC documentary examining the ides that the highpoint of Elvis Presley's career was not 1954 - 1958 as is often cited, but was in fact 1969 - 1973.

Hang on! This is my university dissertation made into a TV programme! I was the first person to make that case in a serious academic text! They've even cited most of the same musical examples!

I'm hoping there's a big cheque in the post.

01-18-2018 07:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)