Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Hello World!
This is a sample MyBB Plugin (which can be disabled!) that displays this message on all pages.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Belief in God
BruceCM
Unregistered

Belief in God
Hello world!

If you believe in God, it is possible. God having created the whole universe out of nothing, then Jonah and so on really can't be an issue. Unless you're only arguing against a "god" who I don't think anyone believes in? Obviously, believe either way as you choose but please think about it seriously!
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 11:05 AM by skyblue1.)
11-07-2014 02:25 PM
Quote this message in a reply
LanguageWolf
Unregistered

RE: Help us Laugh
Hello world!

If you believe in god, then you believe in god. The universe couldn't possibly be bothered about it.
11-07-2014 03:37 PM
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

Hello world!

(11-07-2014 02:25 PM)BruceCM Wrote:  If you believe in God, it is possible. God having created the whole universe out of nothing, then Jonah and so on really can't be an issue. Unless you're only arguing against a "god" who I don't think anyone believes in? Obviously, believe either way as you choose but please think about it seriously!

So say we all

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
11-07-2014 04:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BruceCM
Unregistered

Hello world!

Well, if it makes more sense to believe the alternative...? So, this whole universe spontaneously "exploded" out of nothing, for no reason and without cause? And, of course, without such a God, we're basically chemistry sets. All thinking then has no real source, no real validity... ? Etc
11-07-2014 07:53 PM
LanguageWolf
Unregistered

Hello world!

(11-07-2014 07:53 PM)BruceCM Wrote:  Well, if it makes more sense to believe the alternative...? So, this whole universe spontaneously "exploded" out of nothing, for no reason and without cause? And, of course, without such a God, we're basically chemistry sets. All thinking then has no real source, no real validity... ? Etc

What are you even talking about? If there is no god then there is no god. Your life isn't any different from what it was before. If you find it "meaningless" to live in a world where you are not being continuously monitored by some kind of magical sky man, there's always the National Security Administration.

(11-07-2014 04:31 PM)Genesis Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 02:25 PM)BruceCM Wrote:  If you believe in God, it is possible. God having created the whole universe out of nothing, then Jonah and so on really can't be an issue. Unless you're only arguing against a "god" who I don't think anyone believes in? Obviously, believe either way as you choose but please think about it seriously!

So say we all

Um, who is "we" exactly?
11-08-2014 02:57 AM
d_olson27
Unregistered

Hello world!

Actually, I find it fascinating that we have such complex actions, emotions, and thoughts that all stem from these sophisticated chemistry sets. Besides, I don't see why any of this needs to have any meaning, any more than a random rock lying on the ground has to have meaning.

Anyway, this discussion isn't very funny, and I'm not laughing.
11-08-2014 09:15 AM
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

Hello world!

(11-07-2014 04:31 PM)Genesis Wrote:  

So say we all

Um, who is "we" exactly?
[/quote]

"Me", "Myself", and "I", and the little midget dog named Louie.

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
11-08-2014 12:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BruceCM
Unregistered

RE: [split] Help us Laugh (believe in god)
Hello world!

A random rock? I'm sorry but I can't take that comparison seriously! Anyone want to discuss this, then?
11-08-2014 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Hello world!

(11-07-2014 02:25 PM)BruceCM Wrote:  If you believe in God, it is possible. God having created the whole universe out of nothing.......

BruceCM Wrote:So, this whole universe spontaneously "exploded" out of nothing, for no reason and without cause?

So an invisible wizard can create the universe out of nothing? But the universe cannot "explode" out of nothing? Yeah, that makes sense.

For the record the Big Bang Theory does not say what caused the Big Bang, and it certainly doesn't require that the initial expansion of the universe started with nothing. Nor was it necessarily an explosion of any sort.
11-09-2014 12:07 PM
awiddershinlife
Unregistered

Hello world!

You're confusing the bible with god like any uneducated religious obsessive.
11-09-2014 02:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)