Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 to Singapore missing
skyblue1 Offline
Administrator

AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 to Singapore missing
Surabaya, Indonesia (CNN) -- A woman grieving for her brother and his family. Two teenage girls looking for their parents. A woman hoping her fiance is still alive.
They are among the distraught families of passengers and crew on AirAsia Flight QZ8501 who are gathering at airports in the region, hoping that their relatives are safe. The plane carrying 162 people disappeared Sunday morning traveling from Surabaya to Singapore.

Flight QZ8501 lost contact with air traffic control at 06:24 local time (23:24 GMT Saturday) over the Java Sea.

The plane, an Airbus A320-200, disappeared midway into the flight of more than two hours from the city of Surabaya. No distress call was made.

Bad weather was reported in the area, and an air search operation has now been suspended for the night.

Planes from Indonesia and Singapore had been scouring an area of sea between Kalimantan (Borneo) and Java. Some boats were reported to be continuing to search as night fell.

More:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30614627

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
12-29-2014 11:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Captain Jigglypuff Offline
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

RE: AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 to Singapore missing
ANOTHER plane heading for an South Asian island has gone missing?! What the heck is going on????

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
12-29-2014 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skyblue1 Offline
Administrator

Aliens?

12-29-2014 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Betty Offline
elder

no, ice evidently - according to pilot who flies that route.
12-29-2014 03:51 PM
142857 Online
Who's your Daddy?

Indonesian airlines have a notoriously bad safety record. I know that Air Asia isn't an Indonesian airline, but that aircraft would have been maintained and operated out of Indonesia.

EU bans: Wrote:All air carriers certified by
the authorities with
responsibility for regulatory
oversight of Indonesia, with
the exception of Garuda
Indonesia, Airfast Indonesia,
Mandala Airlines, Ekspres
Transportasi Antarbenua and
Indonesia Air Asia
12-30-2014 06:03 AM
skyblue1 Offline
Administrator

Teams searching for AirAsia flight QZ8501 have begun recovering bodies from the Java Sea, as Indonesian officials confirmed that scattered debris found nearby came from the plane.

A major search and rescue effort involving at least 30 ships and 15 aircraft from nine countries has been looking for the aircraft since it vanished early on Sunday morning while carrying 162 passengers from Surabaya, Indonesia, to Singapore. The findings mark a breakthrough on the operation’s third day.

The Indonesian television station TvOne reportedly broadcast images of a floating body, then apologised for the broadcast after relatives of passengers in Surabaya saw the images on television and burst into tears.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/de...s-java-sea

12-30-2014 10:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)