Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Hello World!
This is a sample MyBB Plugin (which can be disabled!) that displays this message on all pages.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Conspiracy Theories
Unregistered

Conspiracy Theories
Hello world!

What conspiracy theories have you believed over the years?

I believe that the obesity epidemic was largely caused by the heavy promotion (particularly from around the early 90s) of a low fat, high carbohydrate diet. The original food pyramid was a prime example of this. The idea being promoted was that carbs (including sugar) were metabolically active and therefore good for you, while dietary fat was stored as fat in the body. As people got fatter this idea was promoted more and more heavily. There was a push to impose punitive taxes on foods containing fat.

Of course there were other factors, but I firmly believe that this was the main one.

And the connection we didn't make at the time was that those promoting these obesegenic diets were largely funded by the producers of grains and sugars. USDA for one.
01-17-2015 02:52 PM
Quote this message in a reply
AutisticCaesar
Unregistered

RE: Conspiracy Theories
Hello world!

I believe in Black Lighting, it's really unnoticed or reported on when people fly on airplanes, you get a life time worth of radiation on every trip, that's why there is a ton of cancer in USA every since the invention of Airplanes, wright brothers are blame for their pointiness creation, Wing suit flying is much more safer and cooler since this should and will be future transportation of humans in 2015 with me being first to perfect it. http://www.wingsuitfly.com/home/4571130646
01-17-2015 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Hello world!

(01-17-2015 03:03 PM)AutisticCaesar Wrote:  I believe in Black Lighting, it's really unnoticed or reported on when people fly on airplanes, you get a life time worth of radiation on every trip, that's why there is a ton of cancer in USA every since the invention of Airplanes, wright brothers are blame for their pointiness creation, Wing suit flying is much more safer and cooler since this should and will be future transportation of humans in 2015 with me being first to perfect it. http://www.wingsuitfly.com/home/4571130646

Black lightning is real:
http://news.yahoo.com/dark-lightning-zap...27432.html

And so is the increased cancer risk associated with air travel:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...-risk.html
01-17-2015 04:01 PM
Some_Bloke
Unregistered

Hello world!

I believed for years that the government was spying on everyone. It turned out I was right all along.

I don't think Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK. I have no idea who did but I don't think it was Communists. Bullets don't curve inside a person, Oswald was a marksman, not a sharpshooter and finally, the bullet that actually killed JFK clearly hit him from the front.

The man who killed Robert Kennedy claimed to be hypnotised into doing it. Derren Brown put this to the test in a TV show in which he hypnotised a guy into "killing" Stephen Fry, meaning that it is possible to hypnotise someone into killing. That doesn't confirm that the guy was hypnotised though.
01-17-2015 11:14 PM
M Offline
elder

Hello world!

Some of my favourite conspiracy theories.

Moon landings were faked
Illuminati
The Georgia guide stones
9-11 was a set up
Ebola is bioweapon
Diabetes and cancer overdiagnosed

Some of these i believe and some i just find entertaining to research.
01-17-2015 11:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Captain Jigglypuff
Unregistered

Hello world!

My theories are:

Parents like Jenny McCarthy are the reason that contagious and preventable diseases like measles, mumps, and whooping cough are now epidemic in the first time in probably 40 or 50 years.

The passenger pigeon isn't really extinct but rather has a relatively small population that no one has ever noticed the species still being alive because we were all taught that it no longer "exists". I base this on the fact that I actually saw a bird that fit the description of the passenger pigeon when I was 14 and the bird was sitting on my roof while I was outside. I researched the bird by looking for key colors and patterns on the body of the bird I saw and nothing else matched other than the extinct bird. I never saw another bird that looked like it before or since then.

General Mills Trix products ads promote greed and are brainwashing children into becoming selfish.
01-18-2015 12:17 AM
d_olson27
Unregistered

Hello world!

I don't believe that the US government had anything to do with the 9-11 attack, but I do believe they had enough information to stop it. I believe that the Bush administration had planned to use whatever happens as an excuse to militarily invade Iraq. I also think George W. Bush was surprised and disturbed by the magnitude of the attack when it happened.

I also believe in the Caucus Room conspiracy, where several Republican members of congress met on the night of Barack Obama's inauguration and agreed to fight any legislation during his presidency that might help restore the US economy. Of course, I've actually heard Newt Gingrich, who was there, confirm that it happened. He explained that they're the opposition party, so it's their job to oppose.

I've believed for a lot of years that the NSA was illegally spying on people, including US citizens. That turned out to be true. I find it interesting that this nation's media didn't make a big deal out of it until we had a Democrat in the White House.
01-18-2015 04:59 AM
M Offline
elder

Hello world!

I do not necessarily believe the conspiracy theories. I just like to read about them and discuss.
01-18-2015 05:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27
Unregistered

Hello world!

(01-18-2015 05:51 AM)M Wrote:  I do not necessarily believe the conspiracy theories. I just like to read about them and discuss.

That's what I though when this thread first came up. Then I realized that there are some that I did believe before they were confirmed.
01-18-2015 06:28 AM
Unregistered

Hello world!

(01-18-2015 04:59 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  (1) I don't believe that the US government had anything to do with the 9-11 attack, but I do believe they had enough information to stop it. I believe that the Bush administration had planned to use whatever happens as an excuse to militarily invade Iraq. I also think George W. Bush was surprised and disturbed by the magnitude of the attack when it happened.

(2) I also believe in the Caucus Room conspiracy, where several Republican members of congress met on the night of Barack Obama's inauguration and agreed to fight any legislation during his presidency that might help restore the US economy. Of course, I've actually heard Newt Gingrich, who was there, confirm that it happened. He explained that they're the opposition party, so it's their job to oppose.

(1) That is almost exactly what I believe about 9/11 and Iraq. I also believe that Bush and his co-conspirators believed that the invasion and occupation of Iraq would be so successful that people would quickly forget that they never had any good reason to invade in the first place.

(2) I hadn't heard that one, but conservative politicians selling us all down the river for a political agenda is not exactly far-fetched.
01-18-2015 06:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)