Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unusual childhood aspie obsessions
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

RE: Unusual childhood aspie obsessions
This was an obsession I had developed in high school, and I still have it now:

Anything related to Chris Marker, wither it be Second Life, or his films and/or Multimedia projects.

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
05-03-2018 09:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

(05-02-2018 08:36 PM)142857 Wrote:  Current obsession is WW2 combat aircraft and building plastic models. Also WW2 history in general.

Building plastic models is cool. How detailed does he get with them?

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
05-03-2018 10:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ffydwyrr Offline
The Lonely Worldbuilder

When I was a child, I developed a fascination (some might call it an obsession) with field guides. Insects, birds, mammals, herbs and spices, sea life, rocks and minerals... I must have learned more from those books than I did in my first six or so years of formal schooling.

I also collected and read as many atlases and dictionaries as I could. Should've been obvious to my family, teachers, and school administrators that "something was a little off" about me.

For an overview of myself, see my introductory post here: http://www.autismfriendsnetwork.biz/show...p?tid=3542
To listen to my original music, visit http://soundcloud.com/lwbuilder/
Also, if you have trouble spelling or pronouncing my name, just call me Mr. F.
05-03-2018 11:41 AM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

(05-03-2018 10:47 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  
(05-02-2018 08:36 PM)142857 Wrote:  Current obsession is WW2 combat aircraft and building plastic models. Also WW2 history in general.

Building plastic models is cool. How detailed does he get with them?

He builds all 1/72 scale. He uses paint brushes for the flat colours and spray paint for silver (like his B17 Flying Fortress, his De Havilland Mosquito, and his P51 Mustang). Silver doesn't really work with a paint brush. He gets right into the detail apart from painting the metalwork on the clear plastic windows and he doesn't get too detailed with the interiors.

One of the first planes he built he wasn't happy with and he created a diorama, it was a US fighter plane that had crashed in New Guinea, the pilots legs were blown off and he was bleeding out under a tree. I'll try to post a photo of it, it was pretty cool. He has a few modelling magazines and he reads them over and over.

When we were getting ready to evacuate a few weeks ago (bushfires/forest fires) we were all trying to work out what valuables to take and he was loading up the car with his plastic models. We were talking about whether he needs braces a little while ago and when cost was mentioned he said "I don't need braces, do you know how many model airplanes I could build with that much money?".
05-04-2018 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

Latest obsession is pressing a button on his calculator.

So proud of himself when he hits a new milestone.

So far he has pressed the button 28,000+ times. In 5 days.

I think the button will wear out before the obsession will.
06-03-2018 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)