Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Upcoming Movies
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

Upcoming Movies
In this thread, we will talk about upcoming movies that we are excited for.

Am I the only person here who is psyched for the Warcraft Movie?Cool
I also really want to see the upcoming Dragon's Lair movie. I knew that Don Bluth would return one day! You can't keep a good dog down!

"Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
03-27-2016 03:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

RE: Upcoming Movies
I'm excited about the new X-Men movie. X-Men Apocalypse looks really good. The X-Men movies are really good. The X-Men movies are very popular, and I think they're good for aspies because of the message. I think the X-Men movies are so popular because they're all about living in a world that's run by people who aren't like you, and who don't get you sometimes. As an aspie and as a non-theist, I can relate to that message. Sometimes the people up top don't get you and you get angry because of that; so what do you do with that anger? I'd like to believe that I'd support Charles Xavier, but I understand how Magneto's message would be seductive. Sometimes, I can relate to the mutants as a non-theist, and sometimes I can relate as an aspie. X-Men First Class is one of the best movies for autistics. It teaches them that just because they're different doesn't mean that they can't do great things.

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
03-27-2016 06:26 AM
142857 Offline
Odderator

My son is excited about the new Star Wars movie, "Rogue One", which is out in December.

He is really only interested in Star Wars and Jurassic Park/World movies.
03-27-2016 06:28 AM
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

I forget to mention Sausage Party.
Look it up on YouTube. I'm not sure if I should post the trailer here. It isn't for anyone under eighteen. Big Grin

"Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
03-27-2016 07:20 AM
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

BUMP

I'm not sure if this will be good. It certainly has potential.

- Friedrich Nietzsche
06-25-2016 01:36 PM
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

I recently saw the trailer for the upcoming Wonder Woman movie. I looks ... okay. It could be either good or bad.

I can already see the internet drama that will unfold. The manosphere will throw a fit. The film will be boycotted. Wonder Woman will be dismissed as a "feminazi". The island will be dismissed as a "safe space". They'll make Wonder Woman look like Big Red in image macros.

Meanwhile, the SJWs won't see the movie because Wonder Woman is too thin or something. They'll just stay home and watch Steven Universe as usual ... unless they eventually find something to hate in that show.

Life is good.

- Friedrich Nietzsche
07-26-2016 08:51 AM
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

Actually, the previews for Wonder Woman look pretty good. My only reservation about it is that Warner Bros hasn't done very good work with superhero movies in recent years.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
07-26-2016 09:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Some_Bloke
Unregistered

(07-26-2016 09:44 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  Actually, the previews for Wonder Woman look pretty good. My only reservation about it is that Warner Bros hasn't done very good work with superhero movies in recent years.

By the look of all their recent trailers it looks like they've learnt their lessons from Batman v Superman.
07-27-2016 01:22 AM
Quote this message in a reply
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

A horror movie about the Ouija board is coming out this Halloween.

This will be a perfect time to talk about how the Ouija board is a silly children's toy.

Of course, the fundies are inevitably going to spoil this skepticism by claiming that the Ouija board gives you demonic powers. This will just make kids want one more.

In the end, Hasbro will laugh all the way to the bank ... because Universal Studios love shameless product placement. This irrational world is getting bloody predictable.

- Friedrich Nietzsche
10-13-2016 12:08 AM
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

I hope that Hollywood makes a new James Bond film soon ... but with a black James Bond. That would be sweet.

- Friedrich Nietzsche
12-13-2016 11:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)