Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What made you want to throw a brick at the TV today
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

RE: What made you want to throw a brick at the TV today
(11-26-2013 04:13 PM)LanguageWolf Wrote:  Boredom is what did it today, as it usually does. Soooo boring.

Why do I even have a TV?

I keep mine for video games. I stream most of my TV anymore, so I pretty much just watch whatever I feel like watching.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
11-26-2013 04:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LanguageWolf Offline
Should we believe that you love peace?

The shows I watch are only on two at a time at the most.

"I am going to make trolling great again!"
"Well, I think trolling is already great!"
"TROLLING WAS NEVER GREAT OMFG"
11-26-2013 04:20 PM
Send this user an email Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alison Offline
Respected senior member

I had the tv on for background today, while I translated a Japanese fairy story from kanji to English. It's a cute story, called "The Gratitude of the Crane"/Tsuru No Kanshi". It takes my mind off my painful knee.

Sign on a farm gate: "For sale - Weak old chickens going cheep".
11-26-2013 04:44 PM
Send this user an email Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LanguageWolf Offline

I use music for that.

11-26-2013 04:52 PM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

An advert for health insurance, citing breast cancer as a 'female-specific cancer'.

Er, men get it too…...

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
12-06-2013 11:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LanguageWolf Offline

Reruns, this time.

12-12-2013 11:01 AM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

A documentary about Lou Reed, in which some total massa started saying he was the most perfect 'artist' imaginable. He then went on to compare his lyrics with 'poetry' (yeah, right) and ended by bursting into tears. What a fucking bell end!

Let's have a look at some of his 'poetry', shall we?

"Vicious.
You hit me with a flower
You do it every hour"

Not only an awful lyric, but it also involves a misunderstanding of the difference between a bi-syllab (flower) and a diphthong (hour). Shut up.

"Satellite's gone up to the skies.
Things like that drive me out of my mind"

A stupid, mis-rhymed non-sequitur in and of itself, but also badly set. The emphasis in the second line is on 'drive', whereas it should of course be on 'that'. And there's a pause after 'drive' which renders the whole thing ungrammatical.
Shut up.

"Went down to the Apollo.
You should have seen her go go go"

Indeed. Why would that have been better than simply seeing her go go? Or merely seeing her go? And, once again, it's mis-set, with the emphasis on the first syllable of "Apollo", rather than the second, which renders the whole thing into scarcely-intelligible nonsense.
To quote Stephen Sondheim, 'Of all the cardinal sins of songwriting, mis-stress is the most heinous'
Incidentally, in live performances, Lou Reed often replaced the word 'her' with 'that motherfucker'. Yeah, cos ruining the flow of the line with a gratuitous swear-word is definitely the mark of a great artist.

"I've been told
That you've been bold
With Harry, Mark and John.
Monday, Tuesday,
Wednesday to Thursday
with Harry Mark and John"

Runs out of rhymes half-way through - he appears not to have noticed that 'Tuesday' requires a feminine rhyme, which the sole matching syllable of 'Thursday' fails to provide. Then he runs out of ideas completely and just repeats a list of names.
Also, Wednesday TO Thursday??? What comes in between?
Shut up.

"Did you see what she did to him"

Not bad in itself - but look at how it's set. DID you HEAR what SHE did TO him. Makes no sense. It should, of course, be "Did you HEAR what she DID to him". The fundamental skill of a songwriter is matching words to music, not simply forcing then together regardless of whether or not it works.
Shut up.

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
12-16-2013 07:09 PM
el-presidente
Unregistered

^
Has an unhealthy obsession with the late Lou Reed.
12-16-2013 10:20 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

Didn't start a thread about him……….

12-17-2013 03:50 AM
Some_Bloke
Unregistered

More news about David Cameron proposing that MPs get an 11% pay rise, that and Christmas adverts. Especially the Argos ones.

[Image: BYPnGuLIEAATz8v.png]

THAT'S NOT HOW BEARDS WORK! Well that and its as creepy as holy hell, and that's coming from a guy who enjoys reading/listening to Creepypasta late at night.
12-17-2013 04:52 AM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)