Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What made you want to throw a brick at the TV today
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

RE: What made you want to throw a brick at the TV today
^ No, David Cameron has been OPPOSING the big pay rise!

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
12-17-2013 06:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

The fact that they release crappy movies more than they do good ones... May I have a Klingon battle dagger please?

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
12-17-2013 06:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
el-presidente
Unregistered

(12-17-2013 03:50 AM)Luke Mauser Wrote:  Didn't start a thread about him……….

LOL seriously though, is there anyone else who raises your ire to the same extent as the late Mr Reed? You really have it in for him.
12-17-2013 10:17 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Buddha Offline
Keeper of Time

I was scanning through the channels as I studied for my human anatomy exam, and I found that Criminal Minds was on. I've heard a lot of my friends talk about the show, so I watched it for a little bit and before anyone was killed I had already solved the show -- Zodiac copycat killer, high IQ, relationship problems, etc. It was practically writing itself in the opening credits.
I hate stuff like that.
TV shows treat people like idiots and this "uber smart" guy on the show kept name-dropping Wagner like the composer in sheer insight to his large IQ or something -- it's just hilariously stupid.
12-18-2013 01:55 PM
Walker! Offline
Closet Qunari

Susanna "suffers from Aspergers" Reid

"And then he is gone and Lazarus is left alone to wonder which is worse - a God that does not care to understand His creation or a God that thinks that he does." Lazarus by John Connolly.

[Image: 154?cb=20160821001221]

My website
My writings (Fallout stories)
[Image: 6_11_08_12_7_29_43.gif]
12-18-2013 06:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

(12-17-2013 10:17 PM)el-presidente Wrote:  
(12-17-2013 03:50 AM)Luke Mauser Wrote:  Didn't start a thread about him……….

LOL seriously though, is there anyone else who raises your ire to the same extent as the late Mr Reed? You really have it in for him.

All forms of incompetence are to be frowned upon. But what turns frowning into anger is the fact that some incompetents are praised as if they're geniuses. I'm not talking about differing opinions - for example, I'm no big fan of Mozart, but there's no denying he understood musical invention, harmonic content, orchestration and so on. I'm talking about a fundamental lack of even the basic skills required for the discipline someone practices, and that lack of skill being treated like a God-given gift.
I've thought for about 15 years that Lou Reed is one of the most over-rated musicians ever. It's just that, with him finally kicking the bucket (probably out of time with the music, and in the wrong key), there's been a lot of undue praise of him lately, such as said TV show.
When Andrew Lloyd Webber dies, I'll be 'honouring' him in much the same way. Cliched diatonic garbage (I've already started).

btw, Andrew Lloyd' Webber's mother marked my Grade IV theory of music paper. Obviously musical ability is not hereditary…….

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
12-19-2013 09:26 PM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

Paul O'Grady.

Actually, it made me want to throw a brick at Paul O'Grady.

12-22-2013 02:06 AM
LanguageWolf Offline
Should we believe that you love peace?

This reminds me why I don't watch TV

"I am going to make trolling great again!"
"Well, I think trolling is already great!"
"TROLLING WAS NEVER GREAT OMFG"
12-22-2013 09:28 AM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

A newsreader talking about "AY helicopter", when she actually merely meant a helicopter. Why have people started saying "AY" and "THEEEE" at inappropriate points in their speech?

In the same sentence, she said 'Antartic'.

I think she'll find there's a 'c' in the middle of that word…..

01-03-2014 04:07 AM
el-presidente
Unregistered

You know what Luke, I have to admit I've just been shite stirring. Lou Reed wasn't a musical genius, he was just popular. Miley Cyrus and that man who is married to that reality tv star with the huge bum (think her name starts with k) are both popular but you could hardly call them musical geniuses.

A true musical talent passed away recently, you may not know his name but you'd know some of his music. In terms of musical talent that old junkie Lou wasn't fit to lick Mr Kilar's boots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojciech_Kilar
01-03-2014 07:06 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)