• 0 Votes - 0 Average
What made you want to throw a brick at the TV today
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

RE: What made you want to throw a brick at the TV today
Basically anything that comes out of Old Man Donnie's tweets -_-

Night Owl Redux
07-26-2017 10:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

A concert celebrating 50 years since the legalisation of homosexuality in the UK.

Quite a good concert musical and admirable in its aims.

However; I quote …

"2-4-6-8, Gay is twice as good as straight"

Yeah, that's what equality is all about. Claiming that your sexuality is better than someone else's.

No attempts at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my hear a deep and burning hatred for the Tory Party … So far as I am concerned, they are lower than vermin.

Aneurin Bevan
08-11-2017 05:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

Basically anytime Kellyann Conway derails the questions being asked to her by the Anchor on the News program on TV.

Night Owl Redux
08-11-2017 07:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

This story is something of an impostor here. It made me want to throw a brick at myself!

I was listening to a documentary about the effect of music when heard in unusual places or circumstances, and there was a section by a correspondent who had reported from the Yugoslavian Civil War in the 90s. He was saying how he had heard a cellist playing beautiful music in the street in the immediate aftermath of something known as "The Bredkju Massacre". He didn't specify where this town of "Bredkju" was. Serbia? Bosnia? Croatia? So, I got the Atlas out and tried to look it up. This was tricky as I didn't know the spelling. Couldn't find it in the index with any reasonable spelling, so I turned to the page with the Balkan area map to see if I could spot it.

Then the guy on the radio started to explain the context. It appears that a mortar shell had landed in the main street of the town and killed a number of people queuing outside a bakery.

Yep. You got it. It's 'The Bread Queue Massacre'.

Doh!

(or, indeed, 'Dough!')

No attempts at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my hear a deep and burning hatred for the Tory Party … So far as I am concerned, they are lower than vermin.

Aneurin Bevan
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2017 06:27 PM by Luke Mauser.)
08-12-2017 06:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)