Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Angry Thread
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

RE: The Angry Thread
I used to be angry about my label... it just brought nothing but grief...

Now since 2009 I've been more open about it.

[Image: paprikablueskies_zps4f07cefb.jpg]
07-14-2017 02:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ana54 Offline
International Incident Initiator

I was too open about it before... not realizing the depth and complexity of the stigma it brought... most people seem to still think it means we have no thoughts, feelings, depth or complexity in our minds. NOT TRUE!!!

I'm sentimental if you know what I mean.
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
07-14-2017 02:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline

(07-14-2017 02:53 PM)Ana54 Wrote:  I was too open about it before... not realizing the depth and complexity of the stigma it brought... most people seem to still think it means we have no thoughts, feelings, depth or complexity in our minds. NOT TRUE!!!

If being called "retard" or "freak" counts to this post, I don't know what else would.

Because I was called those two names while I was still in hiding. Sad

07-14-2017 02:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ana54 Offline
International Incident Initiator

Yep, that definitely counts. But what hurt me most was when my ex (who is autistic himself) said I wasn't a human being but a broken robot and he knew this about me more than I did and that professionals who treated me like a human being were making a BIG mistake, and that he used to be a robot and his friend he didn't tell me he was talking to when we were still together supposedly made him human and not a robot, and then he said "But thankfully I wasn't yet broken, and am not." He had a lot of book smarts, but no common sense or empathy. Sorry, but I'm bitter.

I'm sentimental if you know what I mean.
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 02:57 PM by Ana54.)
07-14-2017 02:57 PM
Genesis Offline

Why do people always ask the cleaner about certain things in the store? I mean.... literally... the cleaner has other necessities to attend to. Isn't it obvious that he has the cart with him?

(The cleaner= myself)

07-15-2017 01:20 PM
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

I hate it when losers on the internet say "No woman ever wants to sleep with a man under six feet tall."

Most people who say this are probably misogynistic losers who constantly tell themselves "Incel is terminal." because they don't want to improve themselves. If you are under six feet tall and you can't get laid, you need to lift weights and quit being a lazy bum.

NOTE: I'm not being hypocritical here. I actually lift weights now. Nobody at the gym makes fun of me. I even have a supportive fitness coach. No excuses.

"Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
07-19-2017 03:47 AM
Grey Area Offline
Fabulous GCU (◕‿◕✿)

I've had encounters with women, I'm under 6 feet, and I've never lifted a weight in my life.

Some people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.

07-19-2017 05:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)