Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Angry Thread
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

RE: The Angry Thread
I hate the Spy Kids movies. I thought they were okay when I was a kid. Nowadays, when I look back on them, I think "Oh god. Why?"

Everything about those movies is just plain unsettling. The first movie was somewhat okay ... even though the plot made no sense. Apparently, the deformed monster guys were saying "Floop is a madman! Help us! Save us!" on the opening of a kid's show every day and nobody noticed because they were speaking backwards. This is a massive case of idiot plot.

Spy Kids 2 has another problem. It butchers biology. The film butchers both genetics and the square/cube law on a wicked scale. I know that it's just a movie, but they try to make it all look sciencey. Impossible creatures only belong in fantasy fiction with no "sciencey" grounding. Stop confusing kids about the inner workings of the universe!

Spy Kids 3D was horrible. It was presumably made by someone who had never played a video game before. The 3D was poorly implemented. 3D movies usually suck but Spy Kids 3D was especially bad.

"No one can construct for you the bridge upon which precisely you must cross the stream of life, no one but you yourself alone."
- Nietzsche
Today 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Captain Jigglypuff Online
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

RE: The Angry Thread
(Today 08:06 AM)HammerBioLizard Wrote:  I hate the Spy Kids movies. I thought they were okay when I was a kid. Nowadays, when I look back on them, I think "Oh god. Why?"

Everything about those movies is just plain unsettling. The first movie was somewhat okay ... even though the plot made no sense. Apparently, the deformed monster guys were saying "Floop is a madman! Help us! Save us!" on the opening of a kid's show every day and nobody noticed because they were speaking backwards. This is a massive case of idiot plot.

Spy Kids 2 has another problem. It butchers biology. The film butchers both genetics and the square/cube law on a wicked scale. I know that it's just a movie, but they try to make it all look sciencey. Impossible creatures only belong in fantasy fiction with no "sciencey" grounding. Stop confusing kids about the inner workings of the universe!

Spy Kids 3D was horrible. It was presumably made by someone who had never played a video game before. The 3D was poorly implemented. 3D movies usually suck but Spy Kids 3D was especially bad.

I thought it was a really bad sign when the producers of those movies made The Advetures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl and basically used the same exact plot as the third Spy Kids movie.

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
Today 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 142857, 2 Guest(s)