Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Best/Worst Commericals
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

RE: Best/Worst Commericals
Another One For The Best List

I unironically believe that Gilbert Gottfried is an amazing actor and we need more people like him to survive as a species.
01-15-2017 03:21 PM
Quote this message in a reply
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

I just wanted to come here to say that I LOVED the Superbowl commercial with the ghost of Spud McKenzie. Spud McKenzie is one of those characters that I barely remember. (Spud McKenzie, the party animal. He was the best!) It made me laugh. That was my favorite Superbowl commercial. What was yours?

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
02-07-2017 07:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

The Skittles commercial with the family eating the thrown Skittles was funny, too.

I wanted to use this opportunity to say that there were some commercials from the past that I HATED! To this day, I don't drink Fanta soda. That's because there was this awful commercial for Fanta that they played at the movie theater. It had these girls singing, "Want a Fanta!" over and over. It was so annoying that I don't drink Fanta pop to this day.

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
02-07-2017 07:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dottie
Unregistered

The Zoo York Head On Commerical could be in the silliness category. XD!
02-08-2017 10:25 AM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

The most memorable (and effective) ads I can think of were the "Hey Charger" ads from around 45 years ago in Australia.

I can still remember those ads. As kids growing up at that time it was impossible to see one of these cars without giving the "V" sign and saying "Hey, Charger!".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlXLopCTKz0

They were directed by Fred Schepisi (I just found that out) who went on to be a successful international movie director.

And even now I teach my kids to give the "V" sign when they see a Charger - even though we've probably seen about 2 of these cars in the past 5 years (they weren't built to last).
02-08-2017 03:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

This is probably the cleverest TV commercial ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7y6iE0aB5s

You might ask "why is it so clever?".

Well, let me tell you. An Aussie entrepreneur named "Dick Smith" made this ad on a tiny budget to market his line of Australian-made products. He then got a load of free publicity free airplay because of the engineered controversy. And because the ad was banned, he didn't need to pay a cent for any of it.
02-08-2017 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

(02-08-2017 03:25 PM)142857 Wrote:  This is probably the cleverest TV commercial ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7y6iE0aB5s

You might ask "why is it so clever?".

Well, let me tell you. An Aussie entrepreneur named "Dick Smith" made this ad on a tiny budget to market his line of Australian-made products. He then got a load of free publicity free airplay because of the engineered controversy. And because the ad was banned, he didn't need to pay a cent for any of it.

I can picture kids all across Australia watching that and asking their parents some uncomfortable questions, like "What's so funny?"

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
02-08-2017 03:53 PM
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

Remember this?

Oh god. Why?

TV commercials sucked when I was kid ... and they still suck now.
07-29-2017 09:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)