Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Movies That Should Be Made
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

Movies That Should Be Made
Hi all.

I guess I'm running out of ideas for posts. I feel that my posts are starting to get stale ... but I want to keep making them just because it feels good.

This is a general "Movies The Should Exist" thread. Amazingly, we still don't have one yet.

In the past, I have stated that we need a big budget film based on the Cthulu mythos. I stand by that.

I also think that we desperately need a remake of The Island of Dr. Moreau. We could use a horror film aimed at furries. LOL

Other Stories That Could be Made Into New Films:

- 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
- Fantastic voyage
- The Invisible Man
- True History by Lucian
- Homer's Odyssey
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers
- The Blob
- Colossal Man
- Attack of the 50 Foot Woman
- Swamp Thing

Some of those have already been made into movies ... but we should try it again because we can do better. I think that we could potentially make a lot of good movies by remaking old sci-fi horror flicks. What do you think?
02-02-2017 01:11 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Captain Jigglypuff Offline
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

RE: Movies That Should Be Made
I've always wanted to see a Disney adaptation of Rumpledstilkin. I think it would be interesting to see how they handle the plot. Handel and Grethel as a Disney animated film would be neat as well, especially with a CGI gingerbread house with intricate detailing such as the roof tiles being carved or giving the house exterior the appearance of wood. As for novel adaptations I think the non horror Steven King novel The Dragon Eyes I think it's called. It's a really good novel about two princes and an evil sorcerer who is immortal and keeps appearing throughout the kingdom's history under different names and disguises. The sorcerer poisons the king with this deadly sand that causes intense pain and it is so deadly that you can't let it touch your skin because it will burn right through it and inhaling a few tiny grains will kill you. He then frames the older prince for murder and uses the younger one to control the kingdom.

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
02-03-2017 01:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

Another Thing: Someday I want to make a movie called Close. I haven't figured out the plot of the film but every single shot of the film will be an extreme close up on one of the actor's faces.

I watched Nostalgia Critic's review of Space Jam and I felt inspired by the line "This movie has the worst camera shots imaginable. That is to say, they're all extreme close-ups." I want to know what a movie actually consisting entirely of extreme close-ups would be like. Could it possibly be entertaining?

MODERN ART
02-03-2017 09:41 PM
Quote this message in a reply

The Phantom Toll Booth needs an adaptation and be a CGI animated film. The part where everyone literally eats their words would look pretty cool.

Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

02-03-2017 10:50 PM
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

There needs to be a movie based on The Tick before superhero movies fall out of fashion.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
02-04-2017 02:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

I'd like to see a movie adaption of The Thundercats television show. I could see Russel Crowe as Lion-O.

I would also like there to be a movie adaption of one of the stories of the Final Fantasy series. I have thought a lot about Final Fantasy IV and what actors would play what parts. I see Christian Bale as Cecil, Gerard Butler as Kain, Scarlet Johannson as the adult Rydia, Hugh Jackman as Edge, Ralph Fiennes as Golbez, and Johnny Depp as Cid. (Also Jett Li as Yang. I forgot about him. Oh, and Mel Gibson as the elder of Mysadia.) What do you think?

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
02-04-2017 03:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

I think FF VI would be more profitable since the game is considered to be a classic and is the second most popular in the series after VII. IV being made into a movie isn't by any means a bad idea but the game plot isn't nearly as well known as Kafka's conquest for ultimate power and poisoning an entire city's water source.

˜The Oblongs

02-04-2017 04:09 AM
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

(02-04-2017 04:09 AM)Captain Jigglypuff Wrote:  I think FF VI would be more profitable since the game is considered to be a classic and is the second most popular in the series after VII. IV being made into a movie isn't by any means a bad idea but the game plot isn't nearly as well known as Kafka's conquest for ultimate power and poisoning an entire city's water source.

I guess I just have more memories of playing FF IV when I was younger.

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
02-04-2017 07:01 AM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

More opera movies, please!

Tosca is just crying out to be made into a film.

And Madama Butterfly.

And Peter Grimes.

(I don't mean just films of operas on stage, I mean full location-shot movies. I saw a version of A Village Romeo and Juliet like this some years ago. A similar film of Carmen also exists)

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
02-05-2017 07:58 PM

Is love to see Madama Butterfly as a movie and translated fully into English.

˜The Oblongs

02-05-2017 11:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)