VVV
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Li...lyBarnacle
02-22-2017 01:29 AM
Quote this message in a reply
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

RE: Tell me a short story!
For sale: Baby shoes. Never worn.
(Real short story written by Ernest Hemingway)

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
02-22-2017 08:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ana54 Offline
Make a difference, not a mess.

(02-22-2017 08:13 AM)JWB Wrote:  For sale: Baby shoes. Never worn.
(Real short story written by Ernest Hemingway)
That's sad. Sad

Or maybe they were girls' baby shoes and the baby turned out to be a boy.

The end.

I'm sentimental if you know what I mean.
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
03-29-2017 09:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

Genesis asked you to tell him about your mother, The End.

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
03-29-2017 11:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

True story, which the baby shoes quote reminded me of. I have a long drive to work (up to an hour and a half) and occasionally I have to stop to use the lavatory along the way. I have 5 places along the way that I know I can use.

Now one of those places is a cemetery, as my daily commute takes me past the 6th largest cemetery in the world. There are a couple of places in there where I can go. That was where I felt the call of nature this morning while stuck in a traffic jam.

On the way back out I took a wrong turn and ended up having to turn around at the end of a road alongside what appeared to be some very recent sites - there were a lot of fresh flowers etc.

One of the gravestones had a silver balloon with a cartoon character's face on it, attached by a string to a gravestone. Still fully inflated and floating, so it was likely placed there yesterday.

That was enough for me. I cried a little bit then I got on with getting to work.
03-29-2017 12:35 PM
Ana54 Offline
Make a difference, not a mess.

Wow, you remind me of me, 857...

The end.

I'm sentimental if you know what I mean.
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
03-29-2017 01:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)