Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
"So Bad, It's Good"
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

"So Bad, It's Good"
I this thread, we talk about things that are so bad, they're good.

I think that the ultimate "so bad, it's good" thing is the old Donkey Kong show.

03-10-2017 06:29 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Walker! Offline
Closet Qunari

RE: "So Bad, It's Good"
*cracks knuckles* my area of expertise...

1. The Room (duh): Tommy Wiseau's awkard writing and innocence combine together to make a hilariously inept drama.

2. Druids/The Ghaul: Imagine Lord of the Rings if it fell on its ass, I oddly find this a lot more enjoyable than LOTR, since it's half the length of one of those movies, yet it feels like watching the entire trilogy. Druids fun factor only lasts for half of the movie, I wouldn't blame anyone for switching it off, once they get bored. I'd say that around the hour mark it gets dull...

3. Anything by Dingo Pictures: These movies are like southpark if southpark was made on a budget of $2 and animated on used toilet paper. Everything about these movies looks like dog shit and yet they try to pass themselves off as legit imitate movies, even try to trick people into thinking its disney.

4. War Room: A christian movie that teaches us that hiding in a closet and praying to God will solve all of your problems. This movie has everything from a guy jumping rope, to a crazy woman running out onto her lawn yelling at Satan about how she's whooped his ass. Truly a hilarious so-bad-it's-good masterpiece.

5. The 1990s Captain America movie: I love this movie, because of how moronic it is. Captain America is a wimp and best of all a car jacker, who repeatedly steals people's cars throughout the film. It's honest the God the funniest shit, seeing America's icon drive off in someone else's mini. If only they'd kept that in the remake!

"And then he is gone and Lazarus is left alone to wonder which is worse - a God that does not care to understand His creation or a God that thinks that he does." Lazarus by John Connolly.

[Image: 154?cb=20160821001221]

My website
My writings (Fallout stories)
[Image: 6_11_08_12_7_29_43.gif]
03-10-2017 10:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

When I was in high school there were a couple of "so bad it's good" TV shows that were very popular.

One of them was "Monkey", a Japanese TV show. The main characters were Monkey, Pigsy, Sandy (the sea monster), and a young priest. The young priest, Tripitaka, was obviously a very attractive chick pretending to be a teenage boy. Which was obviously a bit confusing when you're a teenage boy. I just googled the actress who played Tripitaka (just to make sure it really was a chick) and she died when she was 27, of leukemia. Bummer!

Another was "Blake's Seven", a super-low budget British sci fi show. But whereas the early Doctor Who made great low-budget sci fi, Blakes Seven reeked of low budgets and bad acting.

To be a cool kid you had to watch both of these shows religiously and know everything about them.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2017 10:36 AM by 142857.)
03-10-2017 10:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

I usually avoid the crappy stuff.... yet honestly some of my guilty pleasures would be Super Mario Bros: The Movie.

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
03-10-2017 10:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

Movies: Plan Nine From Outer Space, Glen and Glenda, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Water World, Kazaam, Howard the Duck, The Horror of Party Beach, Pink Flamingos, and The Adam West Version of "Batman".

Websites: theafterlife.com, theworstwebsiteever.com (more of a tutorial of what not to do in web design. It's supposed to be bad.), pennyjuice.com, arngren.net, lingscars.com (I swear that one is real, but it's hard to believe.), valleyisleaquatics.com, and uglytubs.com.

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2017 11:01 AM by JWB.)
03-10-2017 10:54 AM
JWB Offline

Also: a TV show, Axe Cop from Fox ADHD. Completely pointless parody of old kids shows like He-Man.

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
03-10-2017 10:56 AM
JWB Offline

Oh, my God! I just found the single worst website on the internet! It's hilarious! themostamazingwebsiteontheinternet.com/! This is the worst website I've ever seen!

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2017 11:11 AM by JWB.)
03-10-2017 11:09 AM
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

[Image: 554.gif]
03-10-2017 11:24 AM
Ana54 Offline
Make a difference, not a mess.

Any of you seen Snakes on a Plane???

I loved the part about the snake latching onto the guy's dick in the plane's restroom, but that's not all that made it funny... it was supposed to be a serious movie and the characters in it act inept even as their own characters.

And at the end, a guy who had no flying experience except in video games lands the plane and is hailed a hero...

I'm sentimental if you know what I mean.
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
03-29-2017 06:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

04-15-2017 07:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)