Nature Cure Quack Gets Shot
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

RE: Nature Cure Quack Gets Shot
(03-15-2017 03:53 PM)142857 Wrote:  
(03-15-2017 03:21 PM)JWB Wrote:  
(03-15-2017 12:16 PM)d_olson27 Wrote:  
(03-15-2017 07:24 AM)JWB Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 01:33 PM)HammerBioLizard Wrote:  We shouldn't let people die just because they're stupid.

You can't cure stupidity.
"There's no point in making something idiot-proof because idiots are such geniuses." -Murphy's Laws

I agree. However, we shouldn't let people die just because they're stupid.
Sometimes, it's God's way of taking out the trash. Darwin would be ashamed of what we do.

But who is the trash? Is it the person who is too trusting, a little naive, and perhaps poorly educated, but otherwise a decent human being? Or is it the lowlife who takes advantage of sick people at the most desperate point in their lives?
I was joking. I'm not a social darwinist.

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
03-15-2017 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

Sorry if anyone was offended by my Darwin jokes. Now that I read over what I actually wrote, I can understand why some people took me seriously. I guess I had a moment in which Luke Mauser would be proud of my bizarre sense of humor.

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
03-15-2017 04:57 PM
MM Offline

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/chemoth...nd-murder/
More details.

The family sued the naturopath and she took the conventional treatment only it was an aggressive cancer and she died anyway since she might have had a better chance if she started it earlier. For sure the hospital must have cost more than the herbal junk.

I wonder if the husband thought about shooting the doctors.

Get cancer, go to nauropath, pay $$, get treatment that does not work, sue naturopath, die., family shoots naturopath.

Or

Get cancer, go to doctor, pay $$$$$$$$! Get treatment and die anyway, family pays $$$$$$$bill.

Who wins?
03-16-2017 01:36 AM
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

^ The difference is that the kinds of treatments a doctor would offer are tested and proven to work in at least some cases. The naturopath in this story actually encouraged her to get off of chemotherapy in favor of something that has never been shown to work for cancer.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
03-16-2017 11:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Odderator

Normally doctors, at least these days, will give you a realistic estimate of how long you have to live, and what are the chances that you will be cured. If you then choose to roll the dice and spend a heap of money on treatment, then at least you know what you are getting yourself in for.

Alternative medical practitioners, on the other hand, will lie to you about the effectiveness of their treatments in order to get you to pay huge amounts of money for herbs or other treatments that cost the practitioner almost nothing to provide.

There is a massive difference IMO.
03-16-2017 12:30 PM
MM Offline

Some naturopaths refuse to treat patients who have a diagnosis of cancer to prevent them getting lawsuits. Most of them push their herbals and diet therapies are "preventative". Still $$$$ is spent either way.

I just wonder if the woman had health insurance to pay for her cancer treatment. If the naturopath promised her a cure for $7000 and the doctors were telling her maybe 20% chance but the treatment cost $20,000. Which is a gullible person going to choose?
03-18-2017 07:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)