Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Random thoughts about your family.
Ana54 Offline
Make a difference, not a mess.

Random thoughts about your family.
Again, this is a series designed to get us talking more.

Random thought: I was ashamed growing up of my family having only three people, with no brothers or sisters. I was ashamed of how boring it was.

I'm sentimental if you know what I mean.
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
03-29-2017 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

RE: Random thoughts about your family.
My daughter got an award at school for creative writing, for a story she wrote. I still haven't read it, but my wife says it is really good. It is on her iPad and I need to get her to show me.

My son writes really good stories. His style of writing is good, his character development is good, his use of humour is really good. The problem is that he obviously doesn't plan out the stories before he starts so there are various sub-plots that never go anywhere and the end of the story doesn't really match the beginning.
04-06-2017 12:21 PM
Ana54 Offline

I'm like your son; I don't plan out the story before it starts... my son is the same!!!

I tell bear stories about Lars the bear to my son Lars and sometimes he contributes to the story. Now my mom is getting in on it, telling him bear stories too.

-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
04-06-2017 08:29 PM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

3 or 4 years ago we stayed in some cabins in the Snowy Mountains in the middle of winter. It was -5 Celsius outside. That's really cold for Australia.

There was no TV, no internet. So we played board games then at night time I would tell stories.

I made up one character called Stompy the Elephant. He had some very funny misadventures.

The other character I made up was too gross to share here. I mainly made it up to gross my wife out but the kids loved it.
04-06-2017 09:22 PM
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

I remember spending time in a mountain area outside of Cape Town in a place called the Kloof with my family, what was memorable about it was the cabins, and the Volkswagen van that kept having the alarm go off every time I touched the door. Another thing about that time was it was very cold in July down there (seeing that its sort of a winter time in Southern Africa at that time).

All in all, I cherish these memories.

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
04-07-2017 07:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ana54 Offline

857, you're such a psychopath, LOL!

My son gave me a stuffed Webkinz platypus named Larsa and a stuffed Webkinz pink poodle named Larsina.

-Leonard Cohen

04-14-2017 08:25 AM
Genesis Offline

I still have the tweety bird stuffed animal my aunt bought me when I was little. I think that was when I visited Illinois before being a resident. ^__^

04-14-2017 11:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

My son spent almost the whole day in the garage constructing a zombie apocalypse from Lego. Quite the imagination he has.
04-15-2017 04:51 AM
Genesis Offline

(04-15-2017 04:51 AM)142857 Wrote:  My son spent almost the whole day in the garage constructing a zombie apocalypse from Lego. Quite the imagination he has.

What sparked his imagination?

04-15-2017 12:37 PM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

(04-15-2017 12:37 PM)Genesis Wrote:  
(04-15-2017 04:51 AM)142857 Wrote:  My son spent almost the whole day in the garage constructing a zombie apocalypse from Lego. Quite the imagination he has.

What sparked his imagination?

Excessive YouTube
04-15-2017 05:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)