Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Random thoughts about your family.
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

RE: Random thoughts about your family.
My aunt and uncle are coming back to the states... they've been in South Africa since the 1980s, and now they're settling back into Virginia near my Cousin's place.

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
11-12-2018 02:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ana54 Offline
Make a difference, not a mess.

Genesis: Why did he whack you with a stick, and it's a miracle you trusted him AT ALL. And did your aunt tell anyone what happened in those homes?

142857: What'd your father say/do to earn the honor of being disowned by the family?

My mom burned bridges to her brother and sister whom she never paid back money she owed them.

I'm sentimental if you know what I mean.
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
11-13-2018 04:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1983parrothead Offline

My mother's side of the family are like comedic and into histories. They even like numerous used items from Goodwill Stores, estate sales and other used item stores. They are also related to three famous people from the past.
11-15-2018 04:24 AM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

Ana, lending people money and expecting to get it back is crazy. The overwhelming majority of people who borrow from friends and relatives never pay it back. If it's literally a life or death situation then give them the money. Otherwise it's gonna end in busted friendships and strained family ties.

The more someone swears they will pay you back, the more unlikely it is to happen. They actually mean it at the time, the insincerity comes later.
11-15-2018 02:15 PM
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

(11-13-2018 04:34 AM)Ana54 Wrote:  Genesis: Why did he whack you with a stick, and it's a miracle you trusted him AT ALL. And did your aunt tell anyone what happened in those homes?

I don't know why he whacked me... it was because he was thinking of me as a disobedient little kid at the time. His upbringing was worse... especially if it was one of those Pacifist backgrounds.

My aunt did tell people what happened... mainly people who were willing to listen. My grandfather, and his sisters, and brother didn't talk about it as much. When they did... it was to move on from the pain.

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
11-16-2018 12:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)