Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Roger Ailes is dead. Finally!
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

RE: Roger Ailes is dead. Finally!
(05-19-2017 12:05 PM)d_olson27 Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 11:55 AM)HammerBioLizard Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 11:49 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  I'm going to have to disagree with you about grave dancing. I totally agree that Ailes was a monster, but I like to think of myself as morally better than him. For that reason, I refuse to use the actions of his followers as a moral compass.

Also, Firefly is awesome. Watch it.

The neocons are assholes. I tell them "The US military keeps messing up everything because it is under corporate control!" They respond with "LALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"

They are boot-licking tools and they will never change.

Being polite to an asshole who will never change is pointless.

I didn't say to be polite to them. I'm saying don't give them ammunition.

What do we do about them? I keep trying to make the world a better place and they keep standing in my way.

"No one can construct for you the bridge upon which precisely you must cross the stream of life, no one but you yourself alone."
- Nietzsche
05-19-2017 12:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

(05-19-2017 12:09 PM)HammerBioLizard Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 12:05 PM)d_olson27 Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 11:55 AM)HammerBioLizard Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 11:49 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  I'm going to have to disagree with you about grave dancing. I totally agree that Ailes was a monster, but I like to think of myself as morally better than him. For that reason, I refuse to use the actions of his followers as a moral compass.

Also, Firefly is awesome. Watch it.

The neocons are assholes. I tell them "The US military keeps messing up everything because it is under corporate control!" They respond with "LALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"

They are boot-licking tools and they will never change.

Being polite to an asshole who will never change is pointless.

I didn't say to be polite to them. I'm saying don't give them ammunition.

What do we do about them? I keep trying to make the world a better place and they keep standing in my way.

That's a much larger question than the response to Roger Ailes' death.

For one, don't give up. One of the tactics that tends to work the best with extreme viewpoints is to get the person to explain their point of view in detail. The details are important because that's where they're most likely to realize that their point of view doesn't make sense. The other thing about it is don't give up. I know I already said that, but it's important to remember that these things take time. You can't expect someone to change how they see things overnight.

When it comes to the death of a creep like Roger Ailes, though, it's probably best to just politely acknowledge it and move on. You don't need to celebrate, and you certainly don't need to mourn him. It's more important to focus on how that void is going to be filled. Considering that void is heading Fox News, which he was already fired from, all we can really do is wait and see, and probably yell and scream when they inevitably find someone equally atrocious. (It is Fox News, after all.)

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
05-19-2017 12:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

(05-19-2017 06:38 AM)HammerBioLizard Wrote:  I currently spend most of my free time watching old Disney shorts.

Are these the shorts that Mickey Mouse wears?

No attempts at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my hear a deep and burning hatred for the Tory Party … So far as I am concerned, they are lower than vermin.

Aneurin Bevan
05-20-2017 06:19 PM
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

"No one can construct for you the bridge upon which precisely you must cross the stream of life, no one but you yourself alone."
- Nietzsche
05-21-2017 06:22 PM
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

- Nietzsche
05-26-2017 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)