Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Life of David Gale
Ana54 Offline
Make a difference, not a mess.

The Life of David Gale
It seemed pretty good when I watched most of it, I didn't see the very beginning. But it sounds like something I'd make up for a movie. It takes place in Texas too, and one of my novels also takes place partly on Texas death row! David Gale is a professor and activist against the death penalty. He loses his child to his evil ex. Constance is also a fellow activist. She is dying of cancer and they decide to stage her death like a murder by David Gale, so that David will get put on death row and executed and they can prove that an innocent person can be put on death row and executed. They have sex because they're in love, but then she kills herself on video and David Gale puts his DNA on her too. A man named Dustin is involved and there's money involved and David's ex-wife is involved but I don't understand how exactly because as I said I never saw the beginning. Anyway, more happens but I won't give it away.

I'm sentimental if you know what I mean.
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
06-26-2017 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

RE: The Life of David Gale
A pretty good film, if I remember rightly. The music struck me as hokum parody-work, however.

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
06-27-2017 02:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)