Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Movies That Traumatised you as a Kid
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

Movies That Traumatised you as a Kid
I don't remember any movies that traumatised me as a kid, but I still wanted to make this thread because I genuinely enjoyed this YouTube video.

07-12-2017 01:48 PM
Quote this message in a reply
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

RE: Movies That Traumatised you as a Kid
I remember as a kid I saw an episode of a show called "Tales from the Dark Side" about a kid who was given a toy teddy bear, and it turned out to be possessed by a demon, came to life, and tried to hurt the kid. It scared the crap out of me as a kid, and I couldn't sleep for a week. Now that I look at it as an adult, it just seems so corny.

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
07-13-2017 06:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Captain Jigglypuff Offline
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

I wasn't really traumatized by the media as a kid. The only thing that scared me was hearing about all the school shootings in the late 90s. I didn't want to go outside because I was afraid that someone was aiming at me but my family never asked me why I didn't want to play outside and forced me to even though I was all by myself out there with no one to play with and I could only ride my bike back and forth to the end of the drive way which was only twenty feet. And other kids in my school made fun of me after they drove by in their family's car and spread a nasty rumor that my bike still had training wheels on it when it didn't and I couldn't do anything to stop them from saying that. My family never stopped to think that maybe I was doing all these things for a reason and ask me why. They just made me do stuff I didn't want to do.

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
07-13-2017 07:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

Freddy Kruger was what made me afraid of knives for about 3 years...

Before that I was refusing to eat apples because of that one kids book about an apple tree.

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
07-13-2017 03:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ana54 Offline
Make a difference, not a mess.

LOL; the funeral pyre scene in Star Wars: Episode 1 traumatized me when I was 11 because it looked like a barbecue and I just thought that was so wrong.

I'm sentimental if you know what I mean.
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
09-16-2017 10:33 AM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

(07-13-2017 06:45 AM)JWB Wrote:  I remember as a kid I saw an episode of a show called "Tales from the Dark Side" about a kid who was given a toy teddy bear, and it turned out to be possessed by a demon, came to life, and tried to hurt the kid. It scared the crap out of me as a kid, and I couldn't sleep for a week. Now that I look at it as an adult, it just seems so corny.

I saw that a few weeks ago!

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
09-16-2017 06:45 PM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

Jaws.

Psycho.

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
09-16-2017 06:46 PM
Grey Area Offline

Aliens. I thought it was just going to be a cheesy slasher film featuring something like a murderous version of ET. Hats off to Stan Winston for scarring me for life.

There are no atheists when the toilet water is rising.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017 07:25 PM by Grey Area.)
09-16-2017 07:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)