Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just for fun
Ana54 Offline
Make a difference, not a mess.

Just for fun
let's make a movie about autism and the autistic community.

What will be in the soundtrack?
Who will act in it?
What will some scenes be?
Who will the characters be?
What will the plot and sub-plots be?
What will the theme be?
What will the many messages in it be?
What will be some quotes in the movie, and in what context will they be in?
What will the sets look like and what will be the places each scene is supposed to take place in?

Let's brainstorm!

I'm sentimental if you know what I mean.
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
07-14-2017 07:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

RE: Just for fun
In general, I think it would be good to start it off looking simple and fun, so it looks like how the general population might see us from the outside, but then gradually add depth as the movie progresses so that viewers could have a chance to accidentally learn that we're fully developed, complex human beings with our own personalities.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
07-15-2017 03:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ana54 Offline

Yes! Like a scene about an awkward kid being beaten up for his autism, and then he goes home and goes on his activist website and talks about it in depth with a lot of big words and complex connections made.

-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
07-15-2017 03:56 AM
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

I don't think I was ever beaten up for autism when I was a kid. With me, it was always because I was weird and different. In fact, I remember one other kid breaking into tears when he found out the kid he was beating up was autistic, which I kind of thought was missing the point.

Plus, that seems like the kind of thing to do after giving the audience a chance to get to know the character. Then you can let the action speak for itself.

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2017 04:02 AM by d_olson27.)
07-15-2017 04:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Captain Jigglypuff Online
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

How adding an aspiring drag queen? One that gets to throw some coffee on one of those self martyr anti vaccination moms that smiles coyly and says"Oopsies!" And then just walks away. Oh and the coffee is hot.

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2017 05:36 AM by Captain Jigglypuff.)
07-15-2017 05:35 AM
Ana54 Offline

Okay, so we can have a group of Aspies/auties, one of them an aspiring drag queen, another who gets picked on for autism, another who gets picked on for other stuff and the other person is then remorseful when they find out the kid is autistic, which the kid thinks is missing the point.

-Leonard Cohen

07-15-2017 09:42 PM
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

(07-15-2017 09:42 PM)Ana54 Wrote:  Okay, so we can have a group of Aspies/auties, one of them an aspiring drag queen, another who gets picked on for autism, another who gets picked on for other stuff and the other person is then remorseful when they find out the kid is autistic, which the kid thinks is missing the point.

What I meant with my comment is that I guess I was picked on for autism, but the bullies I went to school with didn't know that's why I was weird.

07-16-2017 12:59 AM
Ana54 Offline

(07-16-2017 12:59 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  
(07-15-2017 09:42 PM)Ana54 Wrote:  Okay, so we can have a group of Aspies/auties, one of them an aspiring drag queen, another who gets picked on for autism, another who gets picked on for other stuff and the other person is then remorseful when they find out the kid is autistic, which the kid thinks is missing the point.

What I meant with my comment is that I guess I was picked on for autism, but the bullies I went to school with didn't know that's why I was weird.
Same here, until the rumor went around! I had a lot of trouble quashing that rumor.

-Leonard Cohen

09-10-2017 06:30 PM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

I will write the soundtrack myself!

The movie will have to be otherwise complete first, though. That's how it's done.

No attempts at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my hear a deep and burning hatred for the Tory Party … So far as I am concerned, they are lower than vermin.

Aneurin Bevan
09-12-2017 04:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)