Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some stories that I am just not buying
MM Offline
elder

Some stories that I am just not buying
A few stories that I am just not buying

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/chloe-...ped-italy/
British model kidnapped by gang and polish man and held in an Italian farmhouse for 6 days. She was randsomed and told she was going to be sold as a sex slave over the internet. Apparently she went gorcery and shoe shopping with her captor. He wanted to let her go after she told him that she had a two year old child.

Cop buys shoplifter clothes for a job interview
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/to...dmail.com&
The teenager tells the cop that his father died and he was only stealing the clothes so he could wear them to a job interview. He really needed that shirt and tie. He had just no other option. So the cop must have asked the store, walmart to drop the charges? He bought the kid the clothes and sent them to his address. Nice cop but I think he was a sucker.

Does walmart like many stores claim to prosecute all shoplifters? If I was hiring someone, I would not want to hire someone who thinks it is fine to steal.

The tv news put a reminder that there are charities that would provide people with appropriate clothing for work. I had a few jobs were I was required to buy certain clothing and safety foodwear before starting work. I also had to walk home once from a volunteer job when the guy there had falsely promised me bus fare.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 06:11 AM by MM.)
08-11-2017 06:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skyblue1 Offline
Janitor Deluxe

RE: Some stories that I am just not buying
thought it was a French model

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
08-11-2017 07:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

Walmart mostly has signs all over the stores advising not to shop lift. The only time I've seen them strictly enforcing shoplifters is when the local PD got involved.

Night Owl Redux
08-11-2017 07:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

Some of the larger department and drug stores have plain clothed security. Even grocery stores have uniformed security at certain times of day.

It might have been the guy had concealed the clothing he was going to steal but never left the store. He also might have tried to change or remove price tags or put on the clothing and left the changeroom area. He could still be stopped by security.
08-12-2017 09:26 PM
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

I met a plainclothed security guy, nice person.... just a bit too quiet.

Night Owl Redux
08-13-2017 12:20 PM
MM Offline
elder

Many security guards are failed police studies students. They could not make it into police college.
08-14-2017 12:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)