Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Signs you're a crazy right-wing loon
Grey Area Offline
Fabulous GCU (◕‿◕✿)

RE: Signs you're a crazy right-wing loon
Not cherrypicking from the Bible would mean believing the entire thing, including the things that contradict eachother. Apologists over the ages have claimed to have reconciled the whole thing in various ways, but that stuff just sounds like word salad to me. I watched part of a Ken Ham (I think it was him) video once, and the guy sounded like he was on mushrooms.

Some people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.

09-15-2017 03:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

(09-15-2017 03:59 PM)Grey Area Wrote:  that stuff just sounds like word salad to me. I watched part of a Ken Ham (I think it was him) video once, and the guy sounded like he was on mushrooms.

Sounds more like a ham and mushroom salad, if you ask me.

No attempts at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my hear a deep and burning hatred for the Tory Party … So far as I am concerned, they are lower than vermin.

Aneurin Bevan
09-16-2017 03:28 AM
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

(09-16-2017 03:28 AM)Luke Mauser Wrote:  
(09-15-2017 03:59 PM)Grey Area Wrote:  that stuff just sounds like word salad to me. I watched part of a Ken Ham (I think it was him) video once, and the guy sounded like he was on mushrooms.

Sounds more like a ham and mushroom salad, if you ask me.

Mordin nice

Night Owl Redux
09-16-2017 06:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ana54 Offline
Make a difference, not a mess.

LOL! Good point! So then a rational person would in that case say, "The Bible was written not by a single kind of inspiration from a perfect God that never contradicts itself, but by people who contradict themselves/each other."

I'm sentimental if you know what I mean.
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
09-16-2017 06:40 AM
Grey Area Offline
Fabulous GCU (◕‿◕✿)

(09-16-2017 06:40 AM)Ana54 Wrote:  LOL! Good point! So then a rational person would in that case say, "The Bible was written not by a single kind of inspiration from a perfect God that never contradicts itself, but by people who contradict themselves/each other."

Yes.

The funny thing is that encounters with the numinous often seem absurd and contradictory when written down or otherwise shared with other people. There are some accounts in the Bible that are so weird, when taken literally, that I almost find it hard to believe that someone could have made them up.

Some people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017 12:22 PM by Grey Area.)
09-16-2017 12:22 PM
Ana54 Offline

A lot of it is probably metaphor. But a lot is possible when it happens in the right physical conditions (example: person coming back to life from the dead... I believe in NDEs!).

-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
09-17-2017 03:28 AM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

The Crossing of the Red Sea is probably a real thing misinterpreted. All it probably means is that the tide went out, the Israelites walked across the dry land, and by the time their pursuers got there the tide had come in so they couldn't follow.

Back in the day, they would think that God had controlled the tide to make this happen, rather than that it was simply the natural course of events and their timing was lucky.

No attempts at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my hear a deep and burning hatred for the Tory Party … So far as I am concerned, they are lower than vermin.

Aneurin Bevan
Yesterday 05:32 AM
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

^ Except that there's no evidence outside the Bible that the Israelites ever even went to Egypt in the first place.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
Yesterday 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

(Yesterday 11:04 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  ^ Except that there's no evidence outside the Bible that the Israelites ever even went to Egypt in the first place.

I bet the Israelite jock douchebags were just jealous. That's why they launched a smear campaign against Egypt.

"Those Egyptian faggot nerds have pyramids and mathematics? Well ... they also enslaved us! ... because I said so! They're BAAAAAD!"

"... but didn't we enslave the Canaanites?"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

"Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Yesterday 11:10 AM
Ana54 Offline

MORE SIGNS ONE'S ATTITUDE IS A CRAZY RIGHT WING LOON ATTITUDE

You have that attitude if you think...
Your son is in university, therefore he must be gay, because these days a lot of gay guys go to university instead of learning a trade.
Your niece is a millennial, therefore she must not be working, because millennials are often unemployed.
Your aunt is an activist and lives in a blue state, therefore she must also be for toppling statues!
Your pregnant daughter said something against Trump, therefore she must also be considering abortion, ohnoes!
Your nephew said something in defense of blacks and Muslims, therefore he must also be for Antifa. After all, he's a LIBERAL! Evidenced entirely by the fact that he said something in defense of blacks and Muslims.

-Leonard Cohen

Today 09:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)