Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The sovereign citizens have reached a new level of stupidity.
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

The sovereign citizens have reached a new level of stupidity.
I'll start this thread with some background info. The "sovereign citizens" are a bunch of people (mostly in the US) who believe that they can opt out of the social contract, purging themselves of all legal human rights and responsibilities. They usually end up getting arrested because, of course, the government doesn't work that way. You have human rights and responsibilities whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen

Anyways, a sovereign citizen named Jerry Willis recently got arrested on a bunch of drug and gun related charges. In court, he/it claimed that he/it was not a person but was "some sort of agricultural product".

http://loweringthebar.net/2017/10/judge-...claim.html

Willis also claimed that his/its name was "Willis Jerry" instead of Jerry Willis. Apparently, he/it believes that he/it can avoid legal consequences if the law gets his/its name wrong. Perhaps his/its real name is Rumpelstiltskin. ... or maybe Rumpelstiltskin can spin agricultural products into people.

This is entering bad science fiction territory right here.

Mr. Willis needs to think before opening his/its mouth. If he/it can legally be considered an "agricultural product" then that means I could legally kill/destroy him/it without legal consequence.

Perhaps he/it should have declared himself/itself to be an ape without human rights. If he/it had done that, PETA would be defending him/it right now. "He a good boy! He dindu nuffin officer!"

"I am no man. I am dynamite."
- Nietzsche

"I am no man. I am an agricultural product."
- Willis

"No one can construct for you the bridge upon which precisely you must cross the stream of life, no one but you yourself alone."
- Nietzsche
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 04:19 PM by HammerBioLizard.)
10-12-2017 04:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grey Area Offline
Fabulous GCU (◕‿◕✿)

RE: The sovereign citizens have reached a new level of stupidity.
If someone can act without legal consequences, they should have no legal protection. Maybe they could be hunted for sport.

There is nothing worse I can wish upon you than to be what you already are.
10-12-2017 05:18 PM
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

(10-12-2017 05:18 PM)Grey Area Wrote:  If someone can act without legal consequences, they should have no legal protection. Maybe they could be hunted for sport.

As it turns out, Soylent Green is some sort of agricultural product.

"No one can construct for you the bridge upon which precisely you must cross the stream of life, no one but you yourself alone."
- Nietzsche
10-12-2017 05:50 PM
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

(10-12-2017 04:16 PM)HammerBioLizard Wrote:  Apparently, he/it believes that he/it can avoid legal consequences if the law gets his/its name wrong.

Gonna need to see his sources on that one.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
10-13-2017 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HammerBioLizard Offline
King of the Wild Things

(10-13-2017 11:52 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 04:16 PM)HammerBioLizard Wrote:  Apparently, he/it believes that he/it can avoid legal consequences if the law gets his/its name wrong.

Gonna need to see his sources on that one.

Perhaps he should have just stored the lowercase r in a chest. That way, we wouldn't be able to spell his name.

- Nietzsche
10-13-2017 10:44 PM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

There was something similar to that here a few months ago. Not the same, but a claim that you have no rights to use your own name, or something ridiculous. Basically that the government has copyright on your name and can stop you from using it.

Utter tosh, despite being put about by (seemingly) qualified solicitors (no doubt hoping that some in would use their services to sue the government).

Here's some news coverage, coincidentally showing a billboard in my home town!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36499750

No attempts at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my hear a deep and burning hatred for the Tory Party … So far as I am concerned, they are lower than vermin.

Aneurin Bevan
10-14-2017 02:41 AM
Grey Area Offline
Fabulous GCU (◕‿◕✿)

(10-14-2017 02:41 AM)Luke Mauser Wrote:  Here's some news coverage, coincidentally showing a billboard in my home town!

I remember those billboards. I Googled "legal name fraud" and found this. Maybe a schizophrenic won the lottery and used the money to rent a load of advertising space.

There is nothing worse I can wish upon you than to be what you already are.
10-14-2017 07:42 AM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

From that site:

1) Just like the quote that; The “MAP” is not the land you walk on!” Sadly you don’t own that MAP!

Actually, you do own a map, if you bought it or were given it. You can own a map without owning the land it represents. the analogy makes no sense.

2) When ‘they’ (your parents?) registered and signed your “birth” on the “Birth Certificate”, they unknowingly gave ownership of this name to the Crown Corporation.

Wrong. There is no such thing as the Crown Corporation. There is such a thing as crown copyright which is the copyright that exists in the wording a presentation of legal forms and ordnance Survey maps, etc., but a name is not legally defined as 'a work', and therefore is not subject to copyright legislation.

3) All ‘bodies’ attached to a LEGAL NAME, (you/me/anyone claiming/consenting in saying Yes!) are therefore also ‘owned’ by the Crown, meaning; when you ‘claim/join’ a “LEGAL NAME” you are consenting to be property

Notably, they have cited no legislation or case law to support that claim

No attempts at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my hear a deep and burning hatred for the Tory Party … So far as I am concerned, they are lower than vermin.

Aneurin Bevan
10-15-2017 09:07 PM
MM Offline
elder

I suppose a person could go and live out in the wilderness alone or in a small group to almost totally feel autonomous.
10-16-2017 11:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)