Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Favorite Simpsons Episode
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

Favorite Simpsons Episode
Hi all. Let's talk about The Simpsons.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Simpsons sucks now and so does Family Guy. The Simpsons used to be good. Family Guy used to be okay. I've decided to make another positive thread.

In this thread, let's talk about the good Simpson's episodes from the good old days. Talk about some of your favorites.

Treehouse of Horror 6: I mostly like this episode because of the first segment: Attack of the 50 Foot Eyesores. Springfield is being attacked by giant advertising statues, such as Lard Lad. Marge initially suggests that the statues will calm down if Lard Lad gets his doughnut back. When Lard Lad gets his doughnut back, the destruction of Springfield continues. The advertising statues eventually die when the citizens of Springfield stop paying attention to them. Could this be a metaphor? If we want big corporations to stop doing bad things, we need to stop buying their products ... or something. Overall, I just thought it was a very funny premise for an episode.

The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie show: This one was an excellent satire on shows that try to be "hip and trendy". Ironically, The Simpsons is exactly like this nowadays.

Who Shot Mr. Burns: This episode, like most of my favorite Simpson's episodes, prominently focuses on Mr. Burns. Mr. Burns tries to block out the sun in order to force people to buy electricity. This seems absurd ... until you realize that Nestle took control of the water in the third world in order to force people to buy bottled water. Yes, that actually happened in real life.

Treehouse of Horror (the first one): The Edgar Allen Poe Segment was priceless.

Lisa the Vegetarian: Lisa leans not to push her vegetarianism on other people by the end of this episode. Lisa should learn this lesson more often.
11-20-2017 03:07 PM
Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

RE: Favorite Simpsons Episode
The "Land of Chocolate" episode, where Germans buy the nuclear power plant, and during an interview with his new employers Homer fantasises about living in a land of chocolate.

The "Secret Agent" episode, where Homer uses his secret agent training to put everyone to sleep with a simple squeeze to the shoulder.

The episode where Marge kicks Homer out of the house, and Homer lives in the treehouse for a day:
[Image: giphy.gif]
11-20-2017 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)