Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Sheep in the Big City
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

Sheep in the Big City
Does anyone else remember this show?

This show is criminally underrated in my opinion. Fortunately, you can find clips on YouTube.

They celebrate "Clearance Day" instead of Christmas. The social satire here is fucking brilliant.
11-27-2017 03:22 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Captain Jigglypuff Offline
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

RE: Sheep in the Big City
I remember it and I personally hated it and thought of the show as lame and boring. I honestly didn’t think there were fans of the show. I mostly hated how dull the plot was to me and a few characters such as the sheep as ugly. But it’s my own opinion and I respect people liked it.

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
11-28-2017 06:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

RE: Sheep in the Big City
(11-28-2017 06:12 AM)Captain Jigglypuff Wrote:  I remember it and I personally hated it and thought of the show as lame and boring. I honestly didn’t think there were fans of the show. I mostly hated how dull the plot was to me and a few characters such as the sheep as ugly. But it’s my own opinion and I respect people liked it.

The plot and setting of the show were obviously satirical. The show as a parody of other funny animal shows which include a funny animal in the human world for no reason. I love how Sheep talks and acts like a human for the most part, but can only say "BAAAAAAAAAAA".

Additionally, the villain on the show wants to build a "sheep-powered ray gun". Even as a kid, I understood that this was a parody of stupid villainous schemes that rely on an overly-specific macguffin.

I loved social satire when I was a little kid because I was smarter than the other kids and I understood satire at an early age.
11-28-2017 07:10 AM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)