Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Opinions on Christmas TV Specials
Captain Jigglypuff Offline
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

Opinions on Christmas TV Specials
I thought it’d be fun to discuss our opinions on TV Christmas and holiday specials.

Rudolph- I have issues with this classic as an adult. First the others treated Rudolph pretty cruel and some of it was borderline abusive. Next issue is that Hermès was way too obsessed with teeth. To the point it seemed like some sort of bizarre sexual fetish for him. And then there’s the island of Misfit Toys. Several had no real problems namely the bicycle or tricycle, the bear on one of the toys, and the doll. And Rudolph was clearly being exploited for his nose at the end of the special. I mean did the other reindeer really accept him as one of them or were they just happy that Christmas wasn’t canceled?

The Grinch- Pretty solid for the most part. Only issue I see is the cartoon never explains why the Grinch hates Christmas.

Frosty the Snowman- I have major issues with this one. The kids basically stole the magician’s hat and refused to give it back to him when he asked for it. No one respected the guy. Even Santa was mean and I hated how despite proving he could bring Frosty to life, Santa refused to give Frosty a new hat that would keep him alive and give the guy what was rightfully his. Technically Santa deserves to be on his own naughty list for this.

Peanuts Christmas- It’s perfect as it is. It shows how sometimes the simplest and most basic of things is all you need in life.

Cabbage Patch Kids Christmas- It is one of those specials that isn’t aired during the holidays every year yet it exists and could be found if you search for it. Pretty outdated now and it is almost like the writers were on acid because two of the villains were a human sized rabbit and weasel. It was weird to see them even as a kid. The animals were clearly not humanoid but an actual human sized weasel and rabbit that wore human clothes and could talk. And this was clearly a cash grab for the Cabbage Patch Kids franchise.

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
12-10-2017 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

RE: Opinions on Christmas TV Specials
(12-10-2017 11:14 AM)Captain Jigglypuff Wrote:  The Grinch- Pretty solid for the most part. Only issue I see is the cartoon never explains why the Grinch hates Christmas.

It could be perhaps that his shoes were too tight,
or it could be his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
But I think that the most likely reason at all
may have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
12-10-2017 04:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

I like some of the Dicken's Christmas carol films. I like ELF, the Grinch (cartoon and Jim Carey version). We also usually watch White Christmas because my hisband really likes Danny Kay.
12-10-2017 10:39 PM
Captain Jigglypuff Offline
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

I now have a link detailing that Cabbage Patch Kids First Christmas special. Look at it and tell me it doesn’t seem like some sort of cash grab written by some writers and animators that were high.

The Cabbage Patch Kids Christmas Special Cash Grab!

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
12-11-2017 12:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)