Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The second blue moon of 2018
skyblue1 Offline
Janitor Deluxe

The second blue moon of 2018
A blue moon is the second full moon to occur in a calendar month. In March, we saw one on the 2nd. A double blue moon, as you might imagine, occurs when there are two blue moons in the same year and, as we saw a blue moon in January, this weekend will be part two.

t is thought to be the last blue moon until 2020, so take your chance to see it!

Blue moons, like all astronomical spectacles, come with a range of historical superstitions and mythical interpretations.

Here are a selection of superstitions that moongazers may want to be aware of for the Easter blue moon ahead, according to The Evening Standard…

1. You should close your bedroom curtains
It was once believed that if any rays of light from the blue moon fall onto your body as you sleep you will become insane.

2. Bad luck glass
According to old myths, looking at a blue moon through any type of glass will give you bad luck for 30 days – this even includes looking through spectacles. So if you're a little superstitious, you may want to leave your reading glasses off on Saturday night.

https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/lifest...rstitions/

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
03-31-2018 06:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

RE: The second blue moon of 2018
I saw the blue moon.

I remember my mother would say "once in a blue moon" which meant very rarely.
04-10-2018 03:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)