Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Active shooting at YouTube
skyblue1 Offline
Janitor Deluxe

Active shooting at YouTube
An active shooting at YouTube's headquarters in San Bruno, Calif., sparked panic and a massive police response Tuesday.
Several YouTube employees sent tweets Tuesday afternoon, saying employees were racing out of the company's Cherry Avenue offices shortly after 1 p.m.
At least two people were reportedly struck by gunfire, according to a law enforcement source who was not authorized to speak publicly about the incident. The shooter was described as a woman. So far authorities do not believe this was an act of terrorism, but the investigation has just begun.
Witnesses in the area said they saw dozens of firefighters and police officers descending on the area. Other witnesses said they saw police holding rifles and other weapons.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...story.html

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
04-04-2018 07:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skyblue1 Offline
Janitor Deluxe

RE: Active shooting at YouTube
Reports are that the shooter is a woman
(she is dead) and that several people have been hurt

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2018 07:31 AM by skyblue1.)
04-04-2018 07:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Online
Who's your Daddy?

It sounds like 3 or 4 people were injured and the shooter is deceased.

It could have been much worse.
04-04-2018 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

What made her snap though? Why YouTube???

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
04-04-2018 04:04 PM
Captain Jigglypuff Offline
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

(04-04-2018 04:04 PM)Genesis Wrote:  What made her snap though? Why YouTube???

It’s YouTube. You should know better than to ask questions about YouTube. Perhaps seeing really idiotic videos all day long for years reached its boiling point for her.

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
04-04-2018 10:29 PM
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

(04-04-2018 10:29 PM)Captain Jigglypuff Wrote:  
(04-04-2018 04:04 PM)Genesis Wrote:  What made her snap though? Why YouTube???

It’s YouTube. You should know better than to ask questions about YouTube. Perhaps seeing really idiotic videos all day long for years reached its boiling point for her.

Rumor through the grapevine is that she didn't like her content being Age-Restricted.

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
04-05-2018 07:03 AM
MM Offline
elder

I found several news stories about her. She was a vegan activist and had also some exercise videos on her channel. She was making a living from her videos until her channel was age restricted and she complained not getting paid the former viewing rate. She did apparently put up some gory animal abuse videos as part of her activism.

So apparently youtube has rules about how revenue can be generated but maybe they are not so good at helping people to know the rules. Plus other people complain that their videos are banned, altered or removed and their content is not a bad as others. It might be about the dislike or complaint formulas. Or someone found their content offensive. What I find offensive might be what some other finds entertaining.

Does youtube claim to be just about videos for entertainment only? They copyright issues are also so annoying. Put up your beautiful photos but use only a sound track that the copyright owner will not demand it be taken down. Do the want endless videos or home guitar strumming or cut e pets or twits doing their own cooking or home repair shows? The worst are the egotists who pretend to make their own news shows with fancy logos, painted up anchor desks who present little fact and mostly their stupid opinions. Don't waste my time. They can't write a well researched article so they produce their own news show.

The worst thing about this whole shooting, which I never believe is justified, her father told the police about her a few days before. She was angry but she caused so much suffering.
04-07-2018 05:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)