Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ever try your hand at creating your own games?
Ffydwyrr Offline
The Lonely Worldbuilder

Ever try your hand at creating your own games?
I'm curious to know whether AFN has any amateur game designers. RPG Maker 2000 (RM2K) is the program I've always used, ever since Don Miguel's unofficial English translation was newly released, because it's perfect for my Super Nintendo/early PlayStation game design needs. I first became an RPG fan when Nintendo Power Magazine gave away free copies of Dragon Quest (formerly known as Dragon Warrior in the US) to all of its subscribers. Of course, it was Final Fantasy VI on the Super Nintendo that really cemented my love of the genre and made me want to design RPGs of my own as an adult.

I released several RM2K games over the years, but they were subpar and had inappropriate humor and poorly written dialogue. Also the stories made very little sense, and the mapping was atrocious. I probably shouldn't have released those games to begin with. My current project will have a great deal of seriousness, effort, and professionalism, and I'm genuinely proud of how it's turning out. Unfortunately, I've been working on it for about nine years, and I still haven't quite made substantial progress on it because various IRL responsibilities keep getting in the way.

For an overview of myself, see my introductory post here: http://www.autismfriendsnetwork.biz/show...p?tid=3542
To listen to my original music, visit http://soundcloud.com/lwbuilder/
Also, if you have trouble spelling or pronouncing my name, just call me Mr. F.
04-15-2018 04:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

RE: Ever try your hand at creating your own games?
I bought RPG Maker back in the day, but I had trouble figuring out how to do some of the things I wanted to do. I never followed through with learning how to do it any other way, though.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
04-16-2018 03:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

RE: Ever try your hand at creating your own games?
I've had some ideas for an RPG, yet it was supposedly already done.

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
04-16-2018 06:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)