Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Clear book covers
MM Offline
elder

Clear book covers
I need to cover some hard cookbooks. I tried some plastic used for painting but it tore. I just tried some clear cellophane wrap which I wrapped and taped over the paper dust cover. One cookbook had the binding damaged so I used packing tape to tape it up. I know there are special. Covering that libraries use for their books but where does none buy them?
05-07-2018 12:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

RE: Clear book covers
In Australia you can definitely buy plastic for covering books at office supplies stores, and I'm pretty sure it would be the same in Canada. I think you can also buy it at K Mart, but I'm not 100% sure. It used to be an annual ritual covering the school textbooks but these days not so much.
05-07-2018 04:19 AM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

I googled it, you can get it at Staples.
05-07-2018 04:23 AM
MM Offline
elder

I tried some cellophane gift wrap. It seemed to work but was difficult to cease but they books are much better now. I know there is some type of special "book repair, sticky tape but I just used regualr sticky tape. I suppose it will do for a while.

I wonder if libraries will sell a few of their special book jacket wraps? The real stuff comes in large rolls and different sizes. Next time I am at staples I will look for the book wrap.

I remember we used to wrap our textbooks in brown papers. They were very expensive and heavy. I could resell them later if they were still being used and in good condition. Most of the time we needed them only during class time. I used to copy out the homework assignment questions into my exercise book and then leave my book in my locker. I had to walk about 1.3 km home.
05-07-2018 11:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)