Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The dog killed the guinea pig
MM Offline
elder

The dog killed the guinea pig
The puppy killed the guinea pig. The kid let him put of the cage.

I knew it was only a matter of time that this would happen.

The kid is 6 and really didn't understand what he did because he let the guinea out of the cage. His sister was very upset.

I can't work for these people anymore.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2018 12:08 PM by MM.)
07-19-2018 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

RE: The dog killed the guinea pig
That's the nature of a 6-year-old. He's probably still learning cause and effect.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
07-19-2018 12:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

It was only a matter if time. The dog was a breed that is for hunting.

I think these parents are stupid anyway. They don't want my advice either.
07-19-2018 08:22 PM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

Curiosity killed the guinea pig. Kid wanted to understand why people keep saying not to let the guinea pig out with the dog. With no real understanding of irreversible consequences.
07-23-2018 01:18 PM
MM Offline
elder

The kid knew the dog wanted at the guinea pig. He told me he thought the door was shut but the dog pushed through. The house is very old and the door knobs need to be replaced (everything needs to be replaced). I had asked the parents to put a dog gate to keep the dogs from getting in the bedrooms. So after they bought a gate and a crate. Someome told them that crate training was a good idea. Also getting a stray is not such a good idea when there are young children in the household or visiting. The cat will be next.

They spanked the kid and told him it was his fault the guinea pig was dead.
07-23-2018 11:18 PM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

(07-23-2018 11:18 PM)MM Wrote:  The kid knew the dog wanted at the guinea pig. He told me he thought the door was shut but the dog pushed through. The house is very old and the door knobs need to be replaced (everything needs to be replaced). I had asked the parents to put a dog gate to keep the dogs from getting in the bedrooms. So after they bought a gate and a crate. Someome told them that crate training was a good idea. Also getting a stray is not such a good idea when there are young children in the household or visiting. The cat will be next.

They spanked the kid and told him it was his fault the guinea pig was dead.

Okay. Now I totally agree that you need to get out of there as soon as practical.
07-24-2018 08:39 AM
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

Perhaps a better way of handling this would be to sit down with him and discuss why that happened and what he could have done differently. That's how we learn cause and effect.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
07-24-2018 10:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

My husband was trying to convince me to stay. The kid told me he loves me and even though the parents are cheap jerks I was thinking after the summer holdiays it would be easier.

So today the mother comes home and tells me they don't need me after this week. They are hiring another nanny and sending the kid to camp next month. I did everything she ever asked cleaned her whole house etc, nice to kids, bought the kids and dogs toys etc. Probably getting someone else cheaper. I am really angry. I asked if there was any particular reason and she said no.

I am going to talk to my former employer. She is saying the dogs are really lonely and she wanted me back for cleaning etc even if I was staying with this family for after school.
07-26-2018 09:17 AM
MM Offline
elder

No worries folks. I found out this family has a long history with child services.
07-28-2018 08:48 PM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

MM, the family sounds very dysfunctional and you are much better off out of there.

You said the boy told you he loves you. Jealousy from the dysfunctional parents may have prompted them to look for a new nanny.
07-28-2018 09:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)