Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am getting another nanny job
MM Offline
elder

I am getting another nanny job
I am getting another nanny job. Hopefully I will be getting an ok family this time.

I am still really really upset about this last family. I feel sorry for the child. I hope he is going to be ok because he really liked me and we were getting along great. The mother fired me because she was a control freak.
08-11-2018 05:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

RE: I am getting another nanny job
I hope this family is a lot less messed up than the last family.
08-11-2018 08:48 AM
Ffydwyrr Offline
Not Worth Talking To?

I hope you do well at this new job, and the boy from your previous job's family turns out okay, in spite of his parents' questionable tactics and attitudes.

I don't get it. Whatever I'm doing to try to fit in here, it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe I should make peace with the fact that I'm an outsider wherever I go.
08-11-2018 10:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

Actually I am looking for another job. It might br an nanny job or just a different type of job.
08-13-2018 09:55 AM
jammied Offline

Good luck,

and don't let the previous screwed up family get the better of your sanity.
08-16-2018 06:40 AM
MM Offline
elder

My old family decided to hire me back. I have less hours but I am not sure how much less I will be making.
08-22-2018 08:22 PM
jammied Offline

You sure you want to be back with your old family?
08-25-2018 06:52 AM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

(08-25-2018 06:52 AM)jammied Wrote:  You sure you want to be back with your old family?

I think MM means the family prior to one with the shit smearing kid.
08-25-2018 02:04 PM
Doris Mae Evans Offline
Dottie Mae Evans

(08-22-2018 08:22 PM)MM Wrote:  My old family decided to hire me back. I have less hours but I am not sure how much less I will be making.

That's good news. You'll see how much the kids grew since you last saw them. Big Grin

"Well, what I'm saying is that there are known knowns and that there are known unknowns. But there are also unknown unknowns; things we don't know that we don't know." - Gin Rummy (Samuel L. Jackson) from the Boondocks
08-27-2018 03:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

The kids are teenagers now. The hours are changed too. It is mostly mornings now for doggie duty and cleaning. So I will only be on after school/dinner two days per week. This is better for my family since I can be home and cook dinner three days per week.

I was talking to a special ed teacher friend and she told me to write to the shit eating kid's doctor and child services since whatever was reported before can be confirmed. I can write anonymously. If anything comes back on me such as the parents falsely claiming I abused the kid then I will have a copy of the letters I sent in. Keep in mind these people have hidden cameras in almost every room including the bathroom I used. One day the kid did crawl into the dog crate while playing and I asked him to get out. But how that looks like on silent video is a problem. I think also they recorded audio when I used my cellphone. I might go by when school starts again and try to find out who is working there now and talk to them. I have feeling that someone also came by when I was working and talked to the kid through the fence. He told me she used to take care of him and was checking he was ok. Odd but someome came by and told me that I should get another job. I guess they were trying to warn me. It might be that the mother has hired and fired several nannies in a short time when they find out what is going on.

I really wonder why some parents resist official diagnoses and therapies that will help their kids. Some kids have special needs that will last their entire lives. This family wanted to pretend he is going to be normal.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2018 05:57 PM by MM.)
08-29-2018 05:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)