Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new NES Classic Edition
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

My new NES Classic Edition
Hey guys! The NES Classic just became available again, and I got a new console. It's great. I've been able to play games like Super Mario Brothers 3 and others that I haven't played in a long time. Hours of fun!

In a thread a long time ago, I mentioned games that should have been on the NES Classic. I have discovered that there's a way to hack the system and add more games to it. This isn't entirely legal; so I don't OFFICIALLY recommend it, but I did it, and it's a lot of fun. I added games like Crystalis, Baseball Stars, Mega Man 3, and Blades of Steel. This has made my NES Classic even more fun. (A few days ago, I beat Crystalis, a super-hard game I was never able to beat as a kid.) Here is a video that describes how to add more games to your NES Classic:

I didn't want to put 700 games on my console like this guy did. I know I won't play all those games, and it makes it hard to navigate the menu when you have too many games. However, I did my favorites like Mega Man 3, Dragon Spirit: The New Legend, Duck Tales, and Tetris. I was also able to remove games that came with the console that I won't play like Ice Climber or Tecmo Bowl. What games have you put on your NES Classic? Talk about it here!

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2018 07:20 AM by JWB.)
08-11-2018 07:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

RE: My new NES Classic Edition
I might have to pick one up some time.

I also have to wonder why it is that there wouldn't be any way to hack it using Linux. Seems like a lot of Linux users would want to do something like that.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
08-11-2018 09:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

My previous job was near a gym that had an 80s style video game machine, with some of the original games I used to play when I was a teenager. That was bad enough, a one hour workout took me 2 hours there.

No way I could have a game console in the house.
08-11-2018 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

(08-11-2018 01:14 PM)142857 Wrote:  My previous job was near a gym that had an 80s style video game machine, with some of the original games I used to play when I was a teenager. That was bad enough, a one hour workout took me 2 hours there.

No way I could have a game console in the house.

You could maybe also invest in a timer to limit your play time.

08-11-2018 01:40 PM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

I have a timer on my phone.

Nobody in my house would pay any attention to a timer. Especially not me. I'm too easily addicted to games, I've really got to just cut them out of my life entirely.
08-12-2018 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JWB Offline

If anyone cares, here are the games I ended up with for my NES Classic:
Adventure Island II
Baseball Stars
Bionic Commando
Blades of Steel
Blaster Master
Bomberman
Bomberman II
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers
Contra
Crystalis
Donkey Kong Classics
Dr. Mario
Dragon Spirit: The New Legend
Dragon Warrior
Dragon Warrior IV
Duck Tales
Fester's Quest
Final Fantasy
Galaga
Godzilla: Monster of Monsters
The Guardian Legend
Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors II
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
The Legend of Zelda
Little Nemo the Dream Master
Mario Brothers
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Metal Storm
Metroid
Mike Tyson's Punch Out!
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
Pipe Dream
River City Ransom
Startropics
Super Mario Brothers
Super Mario Brothers 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
Tetris (Tengen version)
Yoshi's Cookie

As you can see, I have 47 games on my console. I tried to get a nice, round number of 50, but I couldn't think of three more games I wanted.
What games have you added/subtracted or would add or subtract?

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
08-27-2018 10:05 PM
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

Battletoads
Super Mario Bros 2
Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

08-28-2018 02:58 AM
JWB Offline

(08-28-2018 02:58 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  Battletoads
Super Mario Bros 2
Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

I never liked SMB 2. It was trippy and real departure from the regular SMB template with platforms and power-ups. Yes, I know the story. Doki-Doki Panic and all.
Zelda II didn't feel a Zelda game to me. It was really hard, and I just didn't like its nature.

08-29-2018 09:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)