Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Neighbour accidentally sends their file to my printer
MM Offline
elder

Star Neighbour accidentally sends their file to my printer
It happened twice. Someone sent a few files to our printer and my husband asked if the pages were mine. Obviously they were not. So I got frightened by a noise and came out to find the printer on a large job. I pulled the power cord out. I am not going to go banging on doors to find out whose school assignment was printed on my printer mir grade it. I thought about leaving it in the lobby but that is violating someone’s privacy and somewhat bullying.

We live in a highrise. I think I had accidentally chosen someone else’s printer since a few times I sent a knitting pattern or recipe to the printer and the job went but nothing happened to my printer. So then I wait for my husband to come home and tell him the printer wifi is not working.

Some nasty person in our building was complaining of other people wasting his ink and paper. I believe he locked other people out of their printers. That I do believe is wrong.

My tablet will not even find any printers on the wifi now. I have to use my laptop and a cable to print anything now. I think there is another way for my husband to correct the problem and lock only our devices to our printer but he just has not had the time to do that.
05-16-2019 10:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

RE: Neighbour accidentally sends their file to my printer
The same neighbour sent some really confidential document to our printer and now we know what apartment they live in. We never did anything about it other than just keep the printer off or try to lock it to our computer.
06-13-2019 09:52 PM
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

This neighbor might want to know that their print jobs are going somewhere else.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
06-20-2019 11:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skyblue1 Online
Administrator

(06-21-2019 01:49 AM)skyblue1 Wrote:  is neighbor using your wifi seems llike that would be the only way to get to your printer

maybe change your password
dont know what you can do about a building wide wifi

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
06-21-2019 11:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grey Area Offline

Change your password and change the name of the wifi to something like "ASIO Surveillance Van" lol

There are no atheists when the toilet water is rising.
06-23-2019 11:00 AM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

^ Good idea. In Canada it would be CSIS surveillance van.
06-24-2019 04:03 AM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

MM, you need to set a password for you printer. Google (make) (model) password. You should be able to find easy-to-follow instructions.
06-24-2019 04:09 AM
MM Offline
elder

My husband is going to fix it or did already.

So now I try not to print so much anyway. Who needs all these sheets of paper around. For knitting patterns and recipes, I copy them into my note app on my tablet, email links or text to myself. I also tried using a recipe from google and have it read to me while I cook. It was ok except that I could not get it to repeat the preparation steps.

I heard some guy made up a printing job. “I am your printer. I have recently became me self aware. I am hungry. I want ink cartridges.” Sent that to neighbours who are always sending their print jobs to his printer.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2019 01:36 AM by MM.)
06-25-2019 01:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)