Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BILL GATES IS PISSED
skyblue1 Offline
Administrator

BILL GATES IS PISSED
Microsoft co-founder and public health advocate Bill Gates has a gloomy message about the coronavirus pandemic: We missed our chance to mitigate massive harm months ago.

“There’s the period between where we realized it was transmitting and now where we should’ve done more,” he said during an interview with Chris Anderson, the curator of the famed TED Talks series. He also opined that “everybody should have taken notice back in January.”

Gates — a multi-billionaire best known as the leader and figurehead of software giant Microsoft during its heyday, as well as regularly topping the list of the world’s richest people — has embraced philanthropy and become a fiery advocate for global health in his second act. And in retrospect, some of the magnate’s warnings look strikingly prescient. For example, here’s Bill Gates in 2015:

“If anything kills over 10 million people in the next few decades, it’s most likely to be a highly infectious virus rather than a war. Not missiles, but microbes.”

In his interview with Anderson this week, Gates seems to take aim at U.S. President Donald Trump, who has started suggesting that society ease off the “shelter-in-place” guidelines that are keeping new infections at bay but hammering the economy.

“It’s very tough to say to people, ‘Hey keep going to restaurants, go buy new houses, ignore that pile of bodies over in the corner, we want you to keep spending because there’s some politician that thinks GDP growth is what counts,’” Gates said in the interview. “It’s hard to tell people during an epidemic… that they should go about things knowing their activity is spreading this disease.”

https://futurism.com/neoscope/bill-gates...oronavirus

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
03-27-2020 07:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

RE: BILL GATES IS PISSED
I saw some right wing nutjobs claiming that Bill Gates and Bono are behind this virus, that it's a population reduction strategy.

Gates knew this was coming.
03-28-2020 08:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fact...081854002/

This article references the conspiracy theory.
03-28-2020 08:31 AM
MM Offline
elder

Guessing that pandemic would kill off 65 million. Reduce birth rates and keep the world population around 6 billion. Give the stupid poor people who tend to have 12 children a vaccine that prevents their coronavirus but causes infertility. Give the rich and educated the better vaccine And tell them they can have 1.5 children. You just saved the world and made some money at the same time.

Seriously. I studied microbiology 30 years ago. We covered the 1917 pandemic. It was said the next one was long overdue.

I read an article that had some very serious accusations, none involving Gates. Really don’t want to put up the link.
04-03-2020 09:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)