Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trump mounts bizarre and misleading White House return despite warnings
skyblue1 Online
Administrator

Trump mounts bizarre and misleading White House return despite warnings
A strongly medicated President Donald Trump bolted from his VIP hospital bubble Monday, staging a bizarre White House comeback that included an irresponsible mask removal and a reckless pronouncement there is nothing to fear from Covid-19, which has already killed 210,000 Americans.

His actions show him, if anything, entrenched deeper in denial over the virus than ever before and more committed to trashing scientific protocols that could slow the pandemic.
"We're going back. We're going back to work. We're gonna be out front. As your leader I had to do that. I knew there's danger to it but I had to do it," Trump says in a strange campaign video whipped up by aides within an hour of his return to the White House, in which the President framed himself as a warrior who took on the virus and won.

A still infectious Trump ignored advisers who wanted him to stay admitted and instead rode Marine One from Walter Reed Military National Military Medical Center back to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
On Tuesday morning, he was back on Twitter again equating the novel coronavirus to the seasonal flu, continuing his tendency to downplay the disease in public even though he fully understands its seriousness, once telling Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward it was "deadly." Trump tweeted falsely that "in most populations" Covid-19 was "far less lethal" than flu.

more:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/politics/...index.html

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
10-07-2020 12:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pappy Offline

RE: Trump mounts bizarre and misleading White House return despite warnings
CNN quit being actual journalists years ago.
10-07-2020 10:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)