Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13 charged in plots against Michigan governor, police
skyblue1 Offline
Administrator

13 charged in plots against Michigan governor, police
Agents foiled a stunning plot to kidnap Michigan Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, authorities said Thursday in announcing charges in an alleged scheme that involved months of planning and even rehearsals to snatch Whitmer at her vacation home.

Six men were charged in federal court, while seven others accused of trying to target police and the state Capitol were charged in state court.

“All of us in Michigan can disagree about politics, but those disagreements should never, ever amount to violence. Violence has been prevented today,” Detroit U.S. Attorney Matthew Schneider told reporters.

The six men charged in federal court plotted for months, consulting and training with members of a group that federal authorities described as a militia, and undertaking rehearsals in August and September, according to an FBI affidavit.

Four planned to meet Wednesday to “make a payment on explosives and exchange tactical gear,” the FBI said in the court filing.

The FBI quoted one of the accused as saying Whitmer “has no checks and balances at all. She has uncontrolled power right now. All good things must come to an end."

The six men charged in federal court were arrested Wednesday night and face up to life in prison if convicted. They were due in court Thursday. Andrew Birge, the U.S. attorney in western Michigan, called them “violent extremists.”

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/peop...02845more:

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
10-09-2020 05:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

RE: 13 charged in plots against Michigan governor, police
We live in violent times.
10-09-2020 10:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

And some are still scared of Antifa.
10-09-2020 06:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skyblue1 Offline
Administrator

The president sure is

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
10-10-2020 03:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)