Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steam cleaners
MM Offline
elder

Steam cleaners
I fixed the steam cleaner working at my new job. They told me that use it for cleaning upholstered furniture and carpets, steaming wrinkles from clothing. I would like to clean floors and bath tub/shower and counter tops with it. I think toilets would be off limits for it. I have not learned which attachments are for carpet/upholstery.

I actually want a larger steam cleaner for home. I have a small one that just has a little brush. It lasts for about 15 minutes.

Any pros or cons?
08-22-2021 11:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
qwerty Offline
elder

RE: Steam cleaners
They supposedly can damage some types of carpets and add a lot of moisture into the house. This can raise the humidity in the house, leading to mold growing various places, and if the stuff you used it on does get dry fast enough then you could damage it or have it get moldy.

Those are the only ones I know of besides the price. You can deal with it by having a dehumidifer (if necessary) and have fans blow on any carpets etc to help them dry faster.

This is all based on my reading, but thankfully I should be able to move some place with no carpets.
08-24-2021 10:47 AM
MM Offline
elder

There marble floors are damaged. They have not been maintained such as polished and resealed. Even the bathrooms have marble. Some acidic cleaner was used for the tub and the previous cleaner must have put the cleaner on the side marble trim. It is etched there several times. I tried to buff it out but pointless. I researched and one of the four cleaners they have is safe for marble. I am stuck to what to clean the glass shower enclosure since all the tiles are marble. I have been working at it for a few weeks and it is better but not clear yet. It also needs silicone caulking very badly. No way I am doing it.

I can’t understand wet mopping hardwood floors weekly either. I always vacuumed and dusted them weekly but only damp mop washed them a few times per year.

I want to steam clean my vinyl kitchen floor since it is terrible. It was terrible when we moved in 20 yrs ago. I guess I thought we would be here only temporarily. We have ceramic tile in the bathrooms. We need new kitchen cupboards, sink, everything but of course convincing the landlord.
08-24-2021 11:02 PM
qwerty Offline
elder

If you only need it for one day you could probably rent one from a hardware store or similar. You'd just have to be careful not to damage anything, as you would be liable for those kinds of damages.
08-25-2021 10:32 PM
MM Offline
elder

Maybe when I get to know my employer better, I can borrow their steam cleaner. I really want to deep clean the bathrooms, floors and the oven/stove.

I am wonder how safe it is to steam clean shower glass walls and door. I have heard about exploding shower glass doors. I certainly would not want that to happen to anyone. I am going to discuss with my employer how they should get their glass shower repaired and maybe put a film on it.
08-27-2021 06:31 AM
MM Offline
elder

Costco is selling steam cleaners that I am interested in.
08-29-2021 10:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)