Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I do?
MM Offline
elder

What should I do?
I have been working for a few months. Lately the old woman (not my employer) has been saying that “I don’t finish what I start.” This is not true. She often interrupts me while I am doing one chore but I always finish and tidy up before I leave. She says I should do one job at a time and finish it. This is a home so she is just being ….? I don’t like her saying that because when I am finished working there I will have to get another job. I would not use her for a reference anyway but afraid she would say that to other people. She has a big mouth.

I feel like I should put a boundary on that and say to her she needs to stop saying that. I know sometimes people are cruel and actually enjoy saying what bothers a person. Another option is just to ignore her comments. I am working too hard and feel a crash coming on. She is always pushing more work on me. I am going to start doing less because the place is really clean now. I can’t risk damaging my body.

Seems I usually get difficult employers.
09-13-2021 09:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

RE: What should I do?
I decided not to challenge and got a notepad and started writing down what needs to be done outside the routine. I found out this person is very selfish and if I focus the conversation on her, she likes it. Also I have to compliment her or her work often.
09-15-2021 10:08 AM
qwerty Offline
elder

I think "managing" her is better than confronting her. She is your money source and you just need her satisfied enough to keep paying you - of course there's nothing wrong with doing a good job either, but I agree that it's not worth sacrificing your physical health to keep up a particular pace.
09-15-2021 10:19 AM
skyblue1 Online
Administrator

Just put up with it, and know she's not going to stop

just one of her habits

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
09-15-2021 10:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

Some days are ok. The adult daughter is teaching me how to use her art printers and help her with her work. She pays me, not the mother. She seems happy but I would like to avoid conflict with the mother. I have to stop caring about certain things. Getting paid is important but also I do ‘t have to be so pushing myself. Working fast will likely cause accidents and damage. So I need to slow down and not feel so rushed.
09-20-2021 08:16 AM
MM Offline
elder

I am wanting and needing a second part-time job but don’t really want one due to covid. I would rather limit my contacts.
09-21-2021 10:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)