• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rate the Last Movie U Watched
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

RE: Rate the Last Movie U Watched
Star Trek: Insurrection 7.9/10

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
10-22-2013 05:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

The Final Destination

Weak. Atrociously acted and badly scripted. Also badly plotted. The entire concept is that he people who have escaped the initial disaster as a result of a premonition will die in the same order anyway, cos 'Death' is after them. But right from the outset, people die in the 'wrong' order anyway.

Some clever gory accidents, though.

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
10-22-2013 09:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline

(10-22-2013 09:20 PM)Luke Mauser Wrote:  The Final Destination

Weak. Atrociously acted and badly scripted. Also badly plotted. The entire concept is that he people who have escaped the initial disaster as a result of a premonition will die in the same order anyway, cos 'Death' is after them. But right from the outset, people die in the 'wrong' order anyway.

Some clever gory accidents, though.

I avoid seeing those movies for that exact reason.

10-23-2013 03:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

I thought 1 + 2 were ok. I might re-watch with a more critical eye, though....

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
10-24-2013 01:24 AM
Genesis Offline

Have you seen House of Flying Daggers?

10-24-2013 03:59 AM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

not yet!

10-25-2013 12:35 AM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

A Place in the Sun

A little dated, with some histrionic acting by Liz Taylor. Montgomery Clift is superb, naturally, and a good score by Franz Waxmann.

10-27-2013 08:28 PM
Captain Jigglypuff Offline
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

Heathers- I give it 8/10. Such a good movie on how being influenced by the wrong people can be dangerous, that no one has a perfect life and popularity can lead to destruction. I believe that Cheerleader Heather is about the only Heather Veronica could truly stand and under different circumstances still be friends with her. Heather Chandler was your typical b**** and Heather Duke thrived on attention her new role gave her and she basically was even worse than her predecessor. At least Cheerleader Heather admitted she had faults and after Veronica saved her life, she didn't scold or belittle her friend the way the other two did.

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
10-28-2013 01:47 AM
Captain Jigglypuff Offline
Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

I saw two more great movies today.

The Promise- I give it a 10/10. It is somewhat like Love Story except the female lover doesn't die and she makes an agreement with her fiance's mother that is difficult for the young woman to keep. She needs reconstructive surgery on her face and the mother, who dislikes the woman's relationship with her son, tells her that she (the mother) will pay for the woman's recovery if she agrees to never see her love again. It proves difficult when he shows up at her studio two years later and doesn't recognize his love. The mother isn't so bad and you can see she regrets the agreement while she's alone in the hall when she tells her son that his lover died in an accident that also injured him.

Somewhere in Time- 10/10 What can I say? The costume design was perfect for the film's major time setting and was really authentic. Christopher Reed was marvelous in the movie and Christopher Plummer and Jane Seymore were excellent. A young William H. Macy also has a small role in the film.

Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
Helga: Gee I don't know. When you think about it is there no sewer BIGGER than the world of professional modelling?
˜The Oblongs

[Image: rarity-press-b_o_591315.jpg]
10-28-2013 11:05 AM
Genesis Offline

Olympus has Fallen 7.2/10

11-11-2013 10:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)