Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rate the Last Movie U Watched
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

RE: Rate the Last Movie U Watched
Dr. Terror's House of Horrors

Clever 60s horror movie. Five strangers meet a tarot reader on a train, and discover their destiny ….

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
02-13-2016 09:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

Hackers (1995) 8.5/10 I can see why some people take the inaccuracies of this movie way to seriously.... other times I just enjoy this movie because of the Computer Aspects to it.

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
02-13-2016 11:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

The Krays

Well-made crime drama about Britain's most notorious gangsters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kray_twins

Some annoying inaccuracies, though.

1) Reggie Kray brings his girlfriend home to meet his parents. He's driving a car with a 'D-suffix' registration mark. These registrations were released in 1966, a year after he got married to that girl.

2) The interior of The Blind Beggar pub, where Ronnie Kray shot George Cornell, is shown as a traditional late-Victorian interior. In fact it had been refurbished in the modern style in the late 1950s.

3) Another pub interior shows a dispenser for Draught Fosters lager on the bar. This was not available in the UK until 1981, some 15 years after the setting of the film.

4) At one point, Reggie Kray says , "That's where we live, number 30". They lived at number 178.

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
02-13-2016 09:20 PM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

Evil Dead

Good remake. Stretches credibility when someone gets shot in the arm and their arm falls off. Unlikely.

02-15-2016 12:11 AM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

Jaws.

Good movie. Stands the test of time. Strong story and great acting, it doesn't just rely on the humongous fibreglass shark.

Hard to believe it had such a huge impact back in 1975, to the extent that a lot of people were too scared to go swimming in the ocean.

8/10
02-15-2016 05:01 PM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

Wild Things

A dreadful film with a ludicrous script and and even-more-ludcrous plot.

A fair reminder of why Kevin Bacon isn't famous any more.

02-15-2016 09:16 PM
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

Deadpool

Great movie! Very funny! I laughed all the way through it! Say what you want about the intellectual level of this movie, but this movie did exactly what it was trying to do. I hope they make sequels.
9/10

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
02-16-2016 09:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Some_Bloke
Unregistered

(02-16-2016 09:26 AM)JWB Wrote:  Deadpool

Great movie! Very funny! I laughed all the way through it! Say what you want about the intellectual level of this movie, but this movie did exactly what it was trying to do. I hope they make sequels.
9/10

Deadpool said in the end credits scene that there will be a sequel.
02-16-2016 10:07 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

Coercion

Disturbing reality-based film about what people will do in response to a voice of authority.

02-17-2016 02:11 AM
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

Trumbo
9.5/10
Very good movie. I liked the honesty of John Goodman's character. "I make garbage movies. They're profitable. I'm in it for the money and the pu$$y. You want to write up I'm a pinko in your rag? Do it. The people who go to see my movies can't fu**ing read." Also, Bryan Cranston's performance was very good.

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
02-24-2016 03:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)